• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So In Fact NOBODY Yet Has A Complete DC Collection - NOBODY !!!!!!

159 posts in this topic

Is it McRib season again?...I love those.... laugh.gif

I'm not too much of a man (yet) to admit that I cried just a little with that first bite...

Okay, not really. I'm not Greggy at an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet or anything.

...Um no it's not....neither is All-American,...Quality...or Fawcett for that matter...they were all separate companies that were acquired and/or merged with National Periodical Publications, which eventually became

Not true.

All American and Detective Comics BECAME DC.

The rest were acquired later.

There's only one way to be certain.

Throw the comic into the pond, and if it floats....it's a DC

...Um no it's not....neither is All-American,...Quality...or Fawcett for that matter...they were all separate companies that were acquired and/or merged with National Periodical Publications, which eventually became DC,...using your logic then Ian,.....your collection of DC's will not be complete unless you have every Fawcett and Quality comic as well,..which of course are DC's....

Not true.

All American and Detective Comics BECAME DC.

The rest were acquired later.

All American (including this comic in question) is one of the cornerstones of DC.

To suggest that All American Comics, All Star Comics, Green Lantern, and Mutt and Jeff, were not DCs is ludicrous.

Can you believe all the Monty Python references lately?? I mean, there's a friggin' LOT of them!

I had a McRib for dinner tonight. Those things make my pants tight. cloud9.gif

Would you care for a thinn after-dinner-MINT!???

There's only one way to be certain.

Throw the comic into the pond, and if it floats....it's a DC

VERY funny post. sign-funnypost.gif

But the evidence PROVES its a DC.

I tried to load in the scan that proves it's All American, but it was too big to be accepted.

Ian,

Here's an early EC that predates what you mentioned previously.

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=811&Lot_No=6002&src=pr

Narrative Illustration as previously mentioned in the booklet is a reprint as the content was printed previously in another publication,

The book in that link doesn't seem like something done circa 1935 ... it looks newer based on the art style, layout and lettering. I wonder who estimated 1935 for it. I thought most comic art back then was more, oh I don't know, primitive?

Sir

Please enlighten us all with why any of what I said was 'dumb'.

By the way, an answer along the lines of "If you can't see that then you really are dumb" simply won't do as insults without justification do not amount to a valid argument.

I am sure that you are the only person that will need me to explain. But here goes, we can never know with certainity that we have all of something unless we controled the entire process. Your average collector is far from controlling the entire process. You average Spider-man collector will never truly be able to say that he has ever spider-man book because one could always pop up that no one knew about. It is nearly always true and there is no need to say it.

Secondly...I am sure that if Ian is ever finished the quote will be that he has a copy of every known DC, which is very doable. If there is a new copy found he will track it down and add it to his collection of every known DC.

Third your thing about the world not accepting his complete collection is crazy. I could show several long boxes of batman and superman comics to the average person and tell them that it is every DC ever printed and they would believe it. The "world" doesnt care about a collection of DC's and it completeness. If they saw a bunch of Superman and Batman books that would be enough for them. Maybe they would need to see a Green Latern or a Justice league or something like that, but no way are they asking to see NA 26 or 25 or 45 or buzzy 70 or buzzy 1 or anything like that. It is complete when he has all the major titles are far as the world is concerned.

Dont worry though...it is a new day and I am sure that someone else will say something stupid. celebrity is fleeting...

The book in that link doesn't seem like something done circa 1935 ... it looks newer based on the art style, layout and lettering. I wonder who estimated 1935 for it. I thought most comic art back then was more, oh I don't know, primitive?

But it does look interesting.

While this one is NOT actually a DC, (unlike Narrative Illustration), if it pre-dated Gaines's joining DC, then it could belong in a DC collection every bit as much as The Comics does with its Doctor Occult strip inside.

So it sold back in June for $720.

I might have bidded if I'd realised its link to DC, BUT I agree it looks WAY WAY later than 1935.

It looks more like 1948 to me, in which case it would be a promotional EC with no link to DC whatsoever.

But how can we be sure ???

And was it originally coverless ????