• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So In Fact NOBODY Yet Has A Complete DC Collection - NOBODY !!!!!!

159 posts in this topic

Not to be provocative( yes, I used a dictionary on that word), here Ian,but what of the "day after " your quest is done.

What will be next?? Is the "hunt" over or is there another collecting obsession to keep you going. I for one would like to see you finish this quest successfully , and hope it will happen soon.

I may get every DC ever sold

So, you'll be looking to buy every copy of every DC ever sold? poke2.gif

grin.gif

Anyway, IAN, you know I hope you complete your quest, but after your "pro-Michael Moore tirade" and these posts in this thread, even the guy who gave you a free Buzzy #70 is getting a bit tired of it all.

Now I can laugh at most of the other comments on here slagging me off, but this one got to me.

If the books existence as a DC is only as a giveaway newspaper supplement, wouldn't it belong in Ian's less complete "giveaway" collection, as opposed to his newstand DCs?

It's not a giveaway.

It reprints an article that WAS in a newspaper supplement, but this is a comic sold by All American (which of course is DC), and it also has a Picture Stories From The Bible segment too, and is listed in Overstreet in the regular comic section, and not the giveaway section.

Anyway, IAN, you know I hope you complete your quest, but after your "pro-Michael Moore tirade" and these posts in this thread, even the guy who gave you a free Buzzy #70 is getting a bit tired of it all.

Now I can laugh at most of the other comments on here slagging me off, but this one got to me.

Well your "pro-Michael Moore tirade" was a bit over the top. sumo.gif

Nonetheless, I am one of your supporters in your quest, politics aside.

You could return to the seller of the NA26 and negotiate a cheaper price, either yourself or through an intermediary. I imagine the seller would be receptive to still soaking you for an amount less than 15,000. Then you could hold a board sale offering some duplicates of your better material (or downgrade to free up some of the more expensive books, I think you mentioned you have at least a couple pedigree and/or CGC books) to raise/cover the funds spent on the NA26.

This way, you've got the book; you have your full set before anyone else; you cover the cost of the NA26 without having a stroke.

Or you can cut out the middle man and offer the seller $15,000 in trade value for the NA26, or is trade value not an option?

I think that Ian has said that he offered $8000 for the book, which is well over guide for the book. I dont think that trade bait or anything else like that is going to work in this case. I think that it has more to do with a dealer wanting to force Ian to do something he doesnt want to do. It doesnt really have to do with how much the seller thinks that the book is worth, but how much he wants to punish Ian. Getting a bunch of trade bait would probably be better for his business, as would taking several thousand dollars for a book that no one else on the face of the earth could care about. When Ian finds another copy of this book the seller will be kicking himself for leaving so much cash on the table.

I predict New Adventure #26 will,in a very short time,become THE BOOK in the industry,leaving pikers like Action#1 and Wonder Woman #200 in the dust.

Heres why;

Just as Sir Hilarys climbing Mt Everst inspired a generation of mountainclimbing,and Frank Shorters marathon win set off a running craze-I predict that when news of Ians(or that other woman's) amazing accomplishment reachs the waiting world,legions of younsters will emulate him.

From his best-selling biographys,or perhaps the movie,they'll know just how elusive that very last book was,so they'll hunt it out early in their quest.

My question is- who will play Ian on the big screen?

I predict New Adventure #26 will,in a very short time,become THE BOOK in the industry,leaving pikers like Action#1 and Wonder Woman #200 in the dust.

Heres why;

Just as Sir Hilarys climbing Mt Everst inspired a generation of mountainclimbing,and Frank Shorters marathon win set off a running craze-I predict that when news of Ians(or that other woman's) amazing accomplishment reachs the waiting world,legions of younsters will emulate him.

From his best-selling biographys,or perhaps the movie,they'll know just how elusive that very last book was,so they'll hunt it out early in their quest.

My question is- who will play Ian on the big screen?

My guess would be either that Ralphie May guy from the "Last Comic Standing" tv show, or Barney.

Obviously someone that's this obsessed with having a complete DC collection wants to be the first one to cross the finish line. I know I would, if I had spent that much time and money putting it together. But pretending like it doesn't matter, is insulting to everybody's intelligence, including Ian's.

It might be fun to be the first, but at the end of the day, thirty years ago when I decided to attempt to collect every DC, I never dreamed I would achieve it (and remember I still haven't yet), and it was never a race. I just wanted to collect them all.

I just thought that the tacky press release a few months ago was cheap and cheesy, and that is why I have smiled at the thought of how premature and how inaccurate it was.

So when you found out about the book did you give Christine another call to let her know that she didn't have a complete collection after all?

Ian

While I congratulate you on finding another DC comic, I think both you and the lady with the 'claimed' complete DC collection are never going to convince the world that you really have achieved the full set.

The reason is that you yourself have said in the past that you were certain (you really did say this) that (a) the lady in question did not have a full set and (b) you had done significant research and was now just 1 comic away (NA # 26) from achieving this goal. While (a) is certainly true, (b) was clearly NOT true as you have just discovered the above mentioned 'extra DC'.

Thus when you do eventually get NA # 26 how can you be 100% sure (and thus how can the world) that you have indeed got the full set ? Who is to say that someone else will say "Ian Levine doesn't have the full set because he is missing the ultra rare only 1 copy in the world DC Mystery of DC's # 1" ?

This last possibility will ALWAYS be true. So there is the problem. A real pity.

Wonder Woman 200 ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ian

While I congratulate you on finding another DC comic, I think both you and the lady with the 'claimed' complete DC collection are never going to convince the world that you really have achieved the full set.

The reason is that you yourself have said in the past that you were certain (you really did say this) that (a) the lady in question did not have a full set and (b) you had done significant research and was now just 1 comic away (NA # 26) from achieving this goal. While (a) is certainly true, (b) was clearly NOT true as you have just discovered the above mentioned 'extra DC'.

Thus when you do eventually get NA # 26 how can you be 100% sure (and thus how can the world) that you have indeed got the full set ? Who is to say that someone else will say "Ian Levine doesn't have the full set because he is missing the ultra rare only 1 copy in the world DC Mystery of DC's # 1" ?

This last possibility will ALWAYS be true. So there is the problem. A real pity.

What are you high or something...I read a lot of stupid stuff everyday but this has GOT to be the dumbest thing I have read today. Congrats. 27_laughing.gif

Ian,

Here's an early EC that predates what you mentioned previously.

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=811&Lot_No=6002&src=pr

BTW - is Spider-man a DC character now? screwy.gif

Narrative Illustration as previously mentioned in the booklet is a reprint as the content was printed previously in another publication,

Sorry Ian, but the MC Gaines comic is not DC. It was a nice try though.

Of course it is.

Is not.

"I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half-hour?"

Sorry Ian, but the MC Gaines comic is not DC. It was a nice try though.

Of course it is.

Is not.

"I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half-hour?"

"This is not an arguement, it's contradiction."