• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Liefeld liked and commented on my InstaGram

32 posts in this topic

Rob is a very cool person - he routinely speaks to people and has conversations with fans on Twitter. I've spoken with him quite a few times. In fact, provided you aren't a complete , he actually responds quite well to negativity. I really respect him for how he handles that stuff.

My first interaction with him was actually a bit of a dig I gave him about his ability or lack there of at drawing hands and feet. We went back and forth and it was pretty humorous and obvious that he doesn't take it personally.

A short time later, I found a blog he had written about the negativity he sometimes receives and I thought it was awesome and I really respected him for the way he views it and handles it. I let him know that I really respected him for that and referenced my previous digs and, again, he thanked me for saying that.

Kurtis Wiebe is also another dood who's good to his fans. Routinely responds and has conversations about topics he has interests in.

Excluding sports stars/athletes, the only two people of note I've interacted with are President George Bush Sr (when he visited us just before Desert Shield became Desert Storm) and ex-p0rn star Asia Carrera.

social media could have the opposite affect as well. one of my favorite artists is Xaime Hernandez, when i found out he had a twitter page I was excited to sign up to chat with him, but after reading his posts he wasn't as cool as I had made him up to be in my mind. I didn't want to ruin the illusion so I never signed up and stop reading his tweets

I've talked to Jaimie in person numerous times, including a couple of weeks ago at Heroes Con, and believe me - if you met him, you'd like him and think he was cool. Got kind of a quiet, soft spoken sense of humor that, for those who haven't met him, might not come across in his 'tweets'... But I definitely see what you're saying.

social media could have the opposite affect as well. one of my favorite artists is Xaime Hernandez, when i found out he had a twitter page I was excited to sign up to chat with him, but after reading his posts he wasn't as cool as I had made him up to be in my mind. I didn't want to ruin the illusion so I never signed up and stop reading his tweets

I've talked to Jaimie in person numerous times, including a couple of weeks ago at Heroes Con, and believe me - if you met him, you'd like him and think he was cool. Got kind of a quiet, soft spoken sense of humor that, for those who haven't met him, might not come across in his 'tweets'... But I definitely see what you're saying.

I met him a long time ago at a Chicago con, maybe 15 years ago. I was so excited. He's very quiet reserved guy. I'm not saying he's bad just not what I was expecting especially when reading his work etc.

He was at Heroes? I can't understand why they don't come to Chicago. I am going to have to fly to a con to talk/get artwork from him.

I met him a long time ago at a Chicago con, maybe 15 years ago. I was so excited. He's very quiet reserved guy. I'm not saying he's bad just not what I was expecting especially when reading his work etc.

He was at Heroes? I can't understand why they don't come to Chicago. I am going to have to fly to a con to talk/get artwork from him.

$60 pencil sketches... It's awesome....

image_zpsaf0307dd.jpg

$60 pencil sketches... It's awesome....

image_zpsaf0307dd.jpg

:cloud9:

That's awesome Chuck.