• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Uncanny XMen 141

7 posts in this topic

Ok, I dug this up out of a collection I purchased a while back. The book looks really good, except there is a remnant of what looks like a #99 on the front cover by Storm's head. Not sure if this was on the bag and it bled through at some point or it was on the book and someone tried to clean it off? I might press this and get it submitted, but am thinking the 99 will keep it from making it worthwhile.

Look forward to the groups opinions.

UXmen141front_zps923f21fc.jpeg

UXmen141Back_zps57f6a2e4.jpeg

9.4 IMHO! I say that with the thought that the #99 can be dry cleaned by Joey. I wouldn't think the book needs to be pressed. But I would definitely ask Joey for his opinion on the cleaning aspect! Nice copy btw!

Maybe #99 was Wayne Gretzky and this could be a new pedigree?? coffeescreen.gif

I would go 9.4 with a shot at a 9.6. Keep in mind for the life of me I can't see the #99 of which you speak. I have been staring at the super-sized image like a kid looking for Waldo, and I still cant find it! Nice book regardless.

smiley-chores028.gif It's difficult to see most likely because the colour blends nicely with the silhouettes of the X-men in the poster. The '99' is written about the size if on of the images within the poster starting just above Storm's head and runs through the 'X', '-' and the 'M' in the title.

Look again!

Thanks everyone. For those that are having challenges seeing the 99, it is blue in colour and located below the hyphen in the X-Men title at the top of the cover.

I have included a close up of the "offending" area...:)

99Xmen141_zps7020b0e6.jpg