• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #13

16 posts in this topic

I have started to catalog all my FFs, and wished to grade them properly.

This is a nice lowgrade #13 I bought from edgerx (John) – I don’t recall his grade, it’s in the GD range but I can’t figure out precisely. Biggest defects are a small spine split (less than 1/2"), general wear, a small chunk out of spine and some minor staining on the back cover.

Staples are firmly attached and PQ is OWW.

Many thanks in advance for the help! (thumbs u

1ngvVzXh.jpg

U6xIzwjh.jpg

John is a very tight grader ..... books will usually come back from CGC a little higher than his grade...... I'd say 2.5 to 3.0. It doesn't look bad at all. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

FF 13 :cloud9:

No pieces missing.... nice color....good eye appeal..... I'd sell it as a 3.0 and buy it as a 3.0..... but that's me. GOD BLESS...

You’re right, but this is one of the cases where having the book in hand is important: the spine, although solid and with staples firmly attached, has a bit of wear and thus is more delicate.

Oh well, I’ll wait for a few other opinions but as of now I have this marked as a:

GD+

(thumbs u

.... I'm still treasuring YOUR National 18 :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

No pieces missing.... nice color....good eye appeal..... I'd sell it as a 3.0 and buy it as a 3.0..... but that's me. GOD BLESS...

I agree with you Jim, even I would buy it as a 3.0 and be happy

3.0 IMHO! The front cover presents well but the spine indicates more spine wear than what is visible on the front. Plus the tear and staining do not benefit this book any! :(

Still a great looking copy that I would be proud to own! (thumbs u