• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: DAREDEVIL #1

8 posts in this topic

I've gotten two of these graded this year and got a 7.5 & 9.2. I love this book. I think the stain on the lrfc caps this at 5.0. As is maybe a 4.0. I think a press here is a no-brainer as its probably a done deal you get one, if not two, grade bumps.

Is this book suffering from water damage? What is causing the waves in the middle of the book? If it's moisture we have a problem. If it is just the book and not the result of moisture damage then we are sitting better. But this information should be shared prior to grading from the scan IMHO!

Is this book suffering from water damage? What is causing the waves in the middle of the book? If it's moisture we have a problem. If it is just the book and not the result of moisture damage then we are sitting better. But this information should be shared prior to grading from the scan IMHO!

Yes, water damage was the first thing I thought of before seeing anyone else's grades.

As it is, 4.5. Pressing would be a benefit because it would lessen the impact of the past water-exposure waviness. I once had a perfectly flat, no staining, mid-sixties Thor, a slam-dunk for a 9.2 grade come back as a 7.5 for "invisible water damage" in the words of the grader who wrote the notes.

Yes, water damage was the first thing I thought of before seeing anyone else's grades.

As it is, 4.5. Pressing would be a benefit because it would lessen the impact of the past water-exposure waviness. I once had a perfectly flat, no staining, mid-sixties Thor, a slam-dunk for a 9.2 grade come back as a 7.5 for "invisible water damage" in the words of the grader who wrote the notes.

Honestly, the book (again in my hands since the winter of '64) has NOT had any water damage. there is a scruff at the bottom right corner near Foggy's shirt collar, but it isn't water related.

I really appreciate the time you guys took on this - THANK YOU all. One thing I have decided is that my scanner has played a bit into things not being represented clearly on a few of my books. Hence, I went out & sprung for a new HP this morning.

In a new post today, you will see the rescanned DD #1 (which is marginally better) and another book to haggle over :)