• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrong back cover on that USA comics #1 (cover only) on ebay...

28 posts in this topic

Yeah, I was thinking about that... the inside back cover to mystic #6 is the same as the back cover to usa #1 and I wonder if that's how cgc missed it. I don't know what the inside back cover to human torch 5/4 looks like.

Not sure about the inside, but here's the outside of the Torch back cover:

humantorch5bc.jpg

That back cover has one of the most interesting back stories. The original cover to Young Allies 1 was advertised just before the Nazis invaded Russia. Suddenly Stalin was no longer a bad guy to US but our ally, so the cover was quickly changed to exclude him from the axis of evil.

If you're gonna have a wrong back cover that's one of the best to have (Superman 1 or Batman 1 would, of course, be better. But they would be unlikely to end up unnoticed in a slab with the front of Victory #1

This is a bit off-topic, but speaking of CGC'd covers, a slabbed back-cover for Superman #1 sold for 4K in April.

Saw that one too. CC had an incomplete Superman #1 with just the front cover and no back cover sell a couple of years ago. I wonder if the winner of that book won the back cover on ebay so he can marry it together. That would be great if he/she did. And yes, I was the underbidder of that Supes 1 book.

Yeah, I was thinking about that... the inside back cover to mystic #6 is the same as the back cover to usa #1 and I wonder if that's how cgc missed it. I don't know what the inside back cover to human torch 5/4 looks like.

I thought we agreed in the discussion about whether CGC would be able to tell if a newly discovered AC 1 is a fake, that CGC are more on top of things than the FBI?

:baiting: