• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pressing question

39 posts in this topic

So you're offering pressing advice and that's nice. There's a chance you can be offering negative advice because you yourself might not be pressing a book correctly.

Possible , but i don't think so.

You're right though. An army of people pressing books incorrectly is good for the hobby. The cgc boards are bad for the hobby due to the bad wrap and witty comments.

Just saying ... I hear it often enough , people are just so scared to even post because of people like you ,

and if i'm offering any bad advice ? lol only through my errors have a learned let them learn, i took advice from people that was just wrong, o well try again ... let it be known i have pressed many books for people and yet to have an issue ... so i must be doing something right ?

Wanna keep going ? still wondering what i did to you in the first place ? the OP has not even asked for my help ... but ill let you know 4 people PM'd me asking questions ... I have given answers to all there questions... with the best answer i know , in case you were concerned

If you need any other help , questions PM me , I press also ...

impress me, post pictures of you fixing overhang. anyoen can throw a book into a hot press to remove some ncb bends.

Since When is it my goal to impress you ... sorry that was never my intention.

oh my bad. Your pressing and investing blog threw me off. Proceed with your pressing domination.

Never said i was the best ... never implied i dominate ... just was offering help to someone with a question.

No wonders this place has such a bad wrap... sorry but its because of people like you. Your witty remarks are pointless.

This place has a bad wrap? hm Maybe we are just selective on who is a board member,and who is not! Maybe you have been informed of our bad "wrap" from people who have been azzhats on here and were sent packing? You can destroy all the books you want with this pressing thing,but I take offense to the "bad rap" thing. :taptaptap:

Don't take any offense ... i'm sure your a stand up individual and most people on here are.

But this other guy is just shooting his mouth off cause he can ... maybe he should be ran off ... with the others ,

If you need any other help , questions PM me , I press also ...

impress me, post pictures of you fixing overhang. anyoen can throw a book into a hot press to remove some ncb bends.

Since When is it my goal to impress you ... sorry that was never my intention.

oh my bad. Your pressing and investing blog threw me off. Proceed with your pressing domination.

Never said i was the best ... never implied i dominate ... just was offering help to someone with a question.

No wonders this place has such a bad wrap... sorry but its because of people like you. Your witty remarks are pointless.

This place has a bad wrap? hm Maybe we are just selective on who is a board member,and who is not! Maybe you have been informed of our bad "wrap" from people who have been azzhats on here and were sent packing? You can destroy all the books you want with this pressing thing,but I take offense to the "bad rap" thing. :taptaptap:

Don't take any offense ... i'm sure your a stand up individual and most people on here are.

But this other guy is just shooting his mouth off cause he can ... maybe he should be ran off ... with the others ,

Either that or, you could just walk off. Also, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

One more thing:

mandy.jpg

My work is done here. :acclaim:

So you're offering pressing advice and that's nice. There's a chance you can be offering negative advice because you yourself might not be pressing a book correctly.

You're right though. An army of people pressing books incorrectly is good for the hobby. The cgc boards are bad for the hobby due to the bad wrap and witty comments.

Just saying ... I hear it often enough , people are just so scared to even post because of people like you ,

and if i'm offering any bad advice ? lol only through my errors have a learned let them learn, i took advice from people that was just wrong, o well try again ... let it be known i have pressed many books for people and yet to have an issue ... so i must be doing something right ?

Wanna keep going ? still wondering what i did to you in the first place ? the OP has not even asked for my help ... but ill let you know 4 people PM'd me asking questions ... I have given answers to all there questions... with the best answer i know , in case you were concerned

First off you're "hearing" things? Guess you must skype a lot with your fellow collectors.

Secondly, you're obviously missing what my intentions are. I ask you to post a picture of overhang being fixed since it takes more than just putting a book in a heat press. I ask that to see if you know what you're doing or just throwing books in a dry mount heating press.

Lastly, you're concerned on how you impact me? You press comic books. I happen to collect comic books. So if you give ill advice and these people are using your possibly wrong technique to press books. Then there's a higher chance I receive horribly pressed book in my future.

Get why I'm a doosh in a pressing thread or is your head in your heating press inspecting the hot plate while its on?

I have an old dry mount heat press--- its missing the bottom mounting rubber/material---- and there is just the steel plate above (i hear this should be covered to not get gummed up)----- Im wondering if any of you know what I should buy for these two areas... Ive tried all sorts of stuff, but Im getting color loss far to often to throw any substantial books at it -----any ideas?

Paper restoration/conservation has been a practice long before comic books. The info is out there from experts in that field in various text. Do your research and learn the techniques. There's a reason none of the pressing experts come on here and just give advice out to everyone posting and asking pressing questions.

First off you're "hearing" things? Guess you must skype a lot with your fellow collectors.

Secondly, you're obviously missing what my intentions are. I ask you to post a picture of overhang being fixed since it takes more than just putting a book in a heat press. I ask that to see if you know what you're doing or just throwing books in a dry mount heating press.

Lastly, you're concerned on how you impact me? You press comic books. I happen to collect comic books. So if you give ill advice and these people are using your possibly wrong technique to press books. Then there's a higher chance I receive horribly pressed book in my future.

Get why I'm a doosh in a pressing thread or is your head in your heating press inspecting the hot plate while its on?

Thanks for the challenge , when i get a chance ill do i blog post on it but if you think i'm giving bad advice to anyone on here , your mis-taken , ive been asked 3 very general questions and them all being answered with no general harm to any book you may buy. I see your concern and respect your concern ... but there will be no future post by me here. Not worth it ...

Thanks for the challenge , when i get a chance ill do i blog post on it but if you think i'm giving bad advice to anyone on here , your mis-taken , ive been asked 3 very general questions and them all being answered with no general harm to any book you may buy. I see your concern and respect your concern ... but there will be no future post by me here. Not worth it ...

Ta Ta! :hi:

I have an old dry mount heat press--- its missing the bottom mounting rubber/material---- and there is just the steel plate above (i hear this should be covered to not get gummed up)----- Im wondering if any of you know what I should buy for these two areas... Ive tried all sorts of stuff, but Im getting color loss far to often to throw any substantial books at it -----any ideas?

Paper restoration/conservation has been a practice long before comic books. The info is out there from experts in that field in various text. Do your research and learn the techniques. There's a reason none of the pressing experts come on here and just give advice out to everyone posting and asking pressing questions.

Yup I never posted anything public only through PM , no technique is even on my blog . Never meant to cause such a disturbance ...

Ta Ta! :hi:

Later Oak , ill see you at the Comic Book Forum !

Hey Comic Clint,

Don't use the old dry mount heat press. It is not a worthy investment and it will damage your books. CGC is now picking on any books that were pressed improperly or poorly. Buy the newest one that is your best investment unless you can afford.

Hey Comic Clint,

Don't use the old dry mount heat press. It is not a worthy investment and it will damage your books. CGC is now picking on any books that were pressed improperly or poorly. Buy the newest one that is your best investment unless you can afford.

Or just give it up entirely, and make the world a safer place. :grin::sumo: