• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Comic Show August 17

49 posts in this topic

Had a blast! Lots of great vendors!

When's the next one?

Yes Siree! Lots of great vendors there. Got to see Ming Woo's comics featured there, let me tell you ... some of his books are killers! Lots of high grades. The funny thing when I got there shortly after 11 AM, the whole hall was ... like dark? Where are the lights? People and dealers were fumbling around - lol. Seems the lights took bit of time to get warmed up to light up finally.

But as for what this show is - it's much better given the more varies I get to see over the tables. I think I may have found a couple of keys on my list, so the chase begins!

The next Vancouver Comic Show # 2 - will debut on Oct 26th 2014 at the same location. Special guests to be announced.

Couple of photos...

Showing to the right side. Beamer and Aardvark88's walls are over by the wall ... still standing :whistle: No Hawkman #4 anywhere around the show.

Sorry about my blurry photos!

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics033_zps4b95972b.jpg

And to the left side

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics032_zps958316fb.jpg

Had a blast! Lots of great vendors!

When's the next one?

Yes Siree! Lots of great vendors there. Got to see Ming Woo's comics featured there, let me tell you ... some of his books are killers! Lots of high grades. The funny thing when I got there shortly after 11 AM, the whole hall was ... like dark? Where are the lights? People and dealers were fumbling around - lol. Seems the lights took bit of time to get warmed up to light up finally.

But as for what this show is - it's much better given the more varies I get to see over the tables. I think I may have found a couple of keys on my list, so the chase begins!

The next Vancouver Comic Show # 2 - will debut on Oct 26th 2014 at the same location. Special guests to be announced.

Ming is one passionate dude. I was just standing there listening to his stories on how he acquired all his books.

Couple of photos...

Showing to the right side. Beamer and Aardvark88's walls are over by the wall ... still standing :whistle: No Hawkman #4 anywhere around the show.

Sorry about my blurry photos!

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics033_zps4b95972b.jpg

And to the left side

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics032_zps958316fb.jpg

You can't really see our table at this angle but that's Flatliner in s Superman shirt.

lol Beamer, believe it or not ... that's the second time I took a photo without even knowing there was a member (of here) in there. First was greggy, now this ... who's next got caught in my shootings in next show?

Kind of like "Where's Waldo?" :foryou: Sorry... didn't meant for that to happen.

For a 1st time comic show the promoters did a great job. Some of the old time collectors walking around the con, I have not seen at any local show in over 8 years. Nice variety of different vendors with a wide mix of vintage comics. $1 blow out stock, 1/2 price graphic novels, dvd's, toys, Neal Adams prints, etc.

Here is a blurry pic of my buddy Nick's wall rack. Marvel Super Heroes 18 flew off the rack. Hi-demand for ASM 121 and ASM annual 1 in all grades.

9U4Gsel.jpg

Fanboy,

Thank you very much for buying the JLA, DC 100 pager reprint, and Strange Tales 169 !

Had steady demand for all issues of Capt America from #100 up. Sold a nice Disney Snow White and 7 Dwarfs plate for $10 to a lady collector.

greggy, thanks for scooping up all my under priced copper and current semi-keys that I don't really bother tracking in my old age. :preach:

Even though the center lights went out, the wall perimeter 'emergency' lights were still on so I could keep on selling funny books. :applause:

flatliner,

Thank your very much for picking up the FF 45 hi-demand Inhumans comic. I was able to buy an ASM Annual 1, Fear 19 Howard, :blush: and ASM 10 near the end of the show when I had a breather from the steady crowds.

Some of Woo's hi-grade comics/scans:

9wQPrZ9.jpg

Looking forward to the next show right before Hallowe'en. I already booked my wall table. Best sellers were SA Marvel or DC that retail for btwn $10 to $100 for me.

End of the show and I was exhausted trying to jam that last long box into my McLaren:

7KTy7Qz.jpg

ha, ha. :pullhair:

Fanboy,

Thank you very much for buying the JLA, DC 100 pager reprint, and Strange Tales 169 !

Had steady demand for all issues of Capt America from #100 up. Sold a nice Disney Snow White and 7 Dwarfs plate for $10 to a lady collector.

greggy, thanks for scooping up all my under priced copper and current semi-keys that I don't really bother tracking in my old age. :preach:

Even though the center lights went out, the wall perimeter 'emergency' lights were still on so I could keep on selling funny books. :applause:

Ah, so the center lights went out before 11 AM opens huh? That explains why when I entered in there, it was dark already. We collectors are tough batch to keep up buying your books!

Yeah, thanks for the books - the DC 100 pager reprint was what I need to read vintage stories in it. I do have my original DC SS 100 pager in collection, just that it's in high grade .. don't want to read. That reprint is prefect to read.

Come by Hall'ween I'll be back to haunt you sellers for more comics!

What kind of a savage loads anything less than 9.8s in to a McLaren.

Sorry, greggy scooped up all my raw 9.6s, 9.8s at the beginning of the comic show enroute to Wizard Chicago con. :wishluck:

Nice to see a couple of fresh collections and (thumbs u different non-mainstream publisher Cgc'd GA comics at the Vancouver Comic Show.