• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Graded Comic Book Sizes

11 posts in this topic

I'm in the process of sending about 20 GA books to CGC for grading (economy). My concern is that a couple of books (i.e. Planet Comics #65, Torchy #3) seem to be almost an inch wider than the typical GA book. These books are almost as wide (spine to right edge) as the entire CGC case.

My question is, will CGC send these books back to me ungraded, manage to somehow fit them into the CGC slab, or use the magazine sized holders since they only cost a couple of dollars less than economy grading?

Not to worry. They just take a big pair of scissors and cut about an inch

off the right side of your books. But they're CGC-approved scissors, so

you still get a blue label.

Glad to be of help,

gozer

------------------------------------------

ps - Here is what really happens.

Not to worry. They just take a big pair of scissors and cut about an inch

off the right side of your books. But they're CGC-approved scissors, so

you still get a blue label.

Glad to be of help,

gozer

------------------------------------------

ps - Here is what really happens.

As long as they're the ones doing the trimming, the label is all that matters. Just as long as they don't cut it from the spine side. confused.gif

I'm in the process of sending about 20 GA books to CGC for grading (economy). My concern is that a couple of books (i.e. Planet Comics #65, Torchy #3) seem to be almost an inch wider than the typical GA book. These books are almost as wide (spine to right edge) as the entire CGC case.

My question is, will CGC send these books back to me ungraded, manage to somehow fit them into the CGC slab, or use the magazine sized holders since they only cost a couple of dollars less than economy grading?

Being just a CGC trainee I don't know the answer to this question, but I'm sure if you give us a call, someone would be happy to answer that for you. hi.gif

Both issues you mention already have copies that have been graded by CGC, it's in their census. So that would mean that they do have slabs to fit those size comics.

lol...why didn't I think of that.

foreheadslap.gifgrin.gif

Thanks guys. I was a little worried since the Planet Comics #65 book was almost as wide as the CGC case. I figured that maybe it was miscut or something.

Don't worry. If they find a slab to fit it after they trim it they will just press it back to it's original size. insane.gif

While they're at it can I send them my shirts and pants as well? I just hope I can still get the 20% discount.

Don't worry. If they find a slab to fit it after they trim it they will just press it back to it's original size. insane.gif

While they're at it can I send them my shirts and pants as well? I just hope I can still get the 20% discount.

I like my local dry-cleaners but I can always tell that my pants have been pressed. I want them to look pure and original like when they first came off the rack. My Levis 501 jeans will come back as Levis 9.6 with white fading. headbang.gif