• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAA! Comics damaged on the way to CGC! UPDATE/CLOSED

66 posts in this topic

Right, so here's my rant!

I sent 6 books to be graded. Got a call just now from a CS rep who informed me of some damage to the corners of all the books. Presumably because of shipping.

Reasonably, I ask, "Well, was the box damaged?"

She answers "I'm not sure, i just noticed this now and can send them back to you."

"Ok, well, how bad is the damage? Is it bad enough that I shouldn't get them graded? Or will they still pull over 9's?"

"I have no idea as all the graders have gone for the day."

"Can you send me pics so I know what to expect?"

"Not really. I can call you back tomorrow after I speak with a grader."

So the bottom line, a phone call was made to tell me something that may or may not upset me. But we won't know until tomorrow whether it will or not and I'm left sitting here wondering just how bad this damage is.

That box was tight and thick - it must have been freakin' kicked around for any damage to occur that's significant enough to warrant a phone call!

I did get insurance on the box but my friend informs me I'd have to PROVE their worth before the damage in order to get any cash from Canada Post.

Anyone had this happen to them? Advice?

She answers "I'm not sure, i just noticed this now and can send them back to you."

"is there any way you can LOOK at the box? You have eyes, right?"

"I'm not sure sir"

"You're not sure you have eyes?"

"The graders are all gone for the day"

"I'm not sure sir"

Thank you for that. That made me laugh which was much needed haha :D

What books did you submit and did you take pics before you sent them in?

I wouldn't blame the person calling you too much, the effort to keep you informed is there. Some will probably suggest that you should have waited to create your thread until you learned more but this thread may keep your mind off your books for a few hours.

Hopefully you'll get good (better) news from someone at CGC tomorrow.

:popcorn:

"I'm not sure sir"

lol

why can't they send a picture of the damage?

Because then, they'd have to get a phone out, snap a pic, email it-my god the effort involved.

Possibility exists she dropped the books. That's why she didn't wanna talk about the box....

What books did you submit and did you take pics before you sent them in?

I wouldn't blame the person calling you too much, the effort to keep you informed is there. Some will probably suggest that you should have waited to create your thread until you learned more but this thread may keep your mind off your books for a few hours.

Hopefully you'll get good (better) news from someone at CGC tomorrow.

:popcorn:

Actually, that's exactly why I created it - to keep my mind off it. :P

I'm annoyed with her for calling w/o any info for me, but I def agree that it's good that they are proactive in keeping the customer informed. And yeah, she's probably just doing her job so I can't be too hard on her. Particularly since I'm sure she didn't take the box and pretend she was Germany vs Brasil with it.

As far as the books:

5x Amazing Spider-man #1 Variants (2 of which were the Stan Lee variants)

and Amazing Spider-man #300 - which, I'm positive would have come back a 9.2 or 9.4.

And no, I didn't take pics before hand :( Ug, why didn't i!?

Although, I do have a pic of the Spider-man 300!

Possibility exists she dropped the books. That's why she didn't wanna talk about the box....
OH MAN WILL I BE CHOKED IF THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED.

(yes, that warranted an all caps reply)

This comment made me chuckle. It is also possible she opened the box and then a bird flew in and attacked her and the books.

HOW COULD A BIRD GET IN A COMPLETELY ENCLOSED ROOM????

This comment made me chuckle. It is also possible she opened the box and then a bird flew in and attacked her and the books.

HOW COULD A BIRD GET IN A COMPLETELY ENCLOSED ROOM????

lol. Ever seen that episode of Friends whereby Rachel is all worried that an eagle and her baby are locked in a death-grip fight while their apt fills with water?

No? Did I just date myself with that one?

Yeah, actually, me as well! I'm always going back home to ensure that nothing is left on that shouldn't be and to verify the cat didn't get out. :P

Probably why this is bugging me so much because I can't verify ANYTHING and am just sitting waiting. Grrr.

It takes me 5-10 minutes to leave my house checking and re checking stove is off etc

Dang so similar-I do that too and I hate it that things always fall apart on a FRI so you have to wait 2 days to find out what's wrong and the worrying creates all kinds of nightmare scenarios in my mind.