• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAA! Comics damaged on the way to CGC! UPDATE/CLOSED

66 posts in this topic

No wonder CGC prefers a closed door policy.

Good luck getting any insurance for the books if it's damaged. The insurance is for lost parcels.

Conspiracy theorists are in overdrive. They do not owe you if they didn't keep the box.

I would suggest asking for a prescreen on the books. I'll bet they would be open to that.

I would suggest asking for a prescreen on the books. I'll bet they would be open to that.

That's a really good idea. I'll go with that for sure when I talk to them tomorrow. Hopefully a grader will have a better idea. If it's visible damage, all I'm looking for is : "Well, if nothing else is wrong w the book, this alone would cause it to fall in between x and x."

And yeah, I kinda figured that the insurance is for lost parcels. I'm sure there is SOME sort of compensation if it can be proved that it was during shipping. Of course, I'd then have to prove it was done by Canada Post and not USPS.

That's a really good idea. I'll go with that for sure when I talk to them tomorrow. Hopefully a grader will have a better idea. If it's visible damage, all I'm looking for is : "Well, if nothing else is wrong w the book, this alone would cause it to fall in between x and x."

And yeah, I kinda figured that the insurance is for lost parcels. I'm sure there is SOME sort of compensation if it can be proved that it was during shipping. Of course, I'd then have to prove it was done by Canada Post and not USPS.

And prove that you packed them properly.

That's why I take pictures of every shipment I get in that looks like it has been used on the set of an Ace Ventura movie. That is sent out before I even open the package alerting the sender to any possible damage.

All good ideas I'm definitely going to be doing in the future.

To add to the conspiracy theories:

she did call after business hours and was pretty quick to offer to "send them back" with no other options given to me. ... hm

the bird in the window is becoming more and more likely. lol

What IF ... the bird flew in the window, seeing the red light on the camera, instinctively thought it was food and flew towards it, only to knock it into a different direction. The squawking distracted the CS rep I spoke with who subsequently, with books in hand, fell over and crushed said books effectively making their value worthless.

aaron,

From my experience, I don't think u will get any compensation from Canada Post except perhaps the raw cost of postage to the USA. You were insured if the box was lost. :cry: Fragile items not covered by Canada Post insurance. Onus is on the sender to over pack the fragile paper collectibles to prevent any damage. Sorry.

Baaa, upon inspection the grader said they would probably range 8 to 8.5. That's disappointing but not much that can be done at this point.

Thanks for keeping me occupied folks and for the advice and the laughs. It's appreciated.

I do have to say, as well, that the girl I was talking to went out of her way to ensure I finally did have all the info I needed. Granted it was the day after so not much can be done about that but I did feel taken care of all in all.

She even called after the fact just to let me know she had seen this post and if there was anything else that could be done for me.

At least you got a call. They dropped my order once as all of the bottom right corners got dinged. Possible it happened in shipping, but you could have taken a sledge hammer to that box and that wouldn't have happened. I called and complained when I got my order back and they said there was nothing they could do about it. Some of them did get 9.0s, others 8.5s. They were all SA 9.2s to 9.6s. I was not happy.

Aaron, ask if they can take them down the hall and see if the damage can be pressed out. That wasn't an option when mine happened.

At least you got a call. They dropped my order once as all of the bottom right corners got dinged. Possible it happened in shipping, but you could have taken a sledge hammer to that box and that wouldn't have happened. I called and complained when I got my order back and they said there was nothing they could do about it. Some of them did get 9.0s, others 8.5s. They were all SA 9.2s to 9.6s. I was not happy.

Aaron, ask if they can take them down the hall and see if the damage can be pressed out. That wasn't an option when mine happened.

They can do pressings right there? I'll def ask!

Well I'm glad somebody else thought of the pressing side by page 6. I was thinking that by page 2. Good luck with resolving this. It's something I worry about every time I send off books, which is once a month.