• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Ms. Marvel #1 value

8 posts in this topic

I'm about to start looking around for a copy of this book as it's my favorite Marvel character but I'm seeing prices all over the place so have no idea what's actually fair and what's really inflated.

I know a book is worth whatever someone is willing to pay but I'm hoping to get a general consensus. I could check an Overstreet guide but my last one is about 14-15 years old and I'm not picking one up until the new one comes out in a couple weeks.

Edit: I forgot to mention that on one site I've seen $20 for 3.0 all the way to $95 for 7.5. Another site says $25-$30 for 9.8. And yet a third site shows $90-$850 all for 9.4 to 9.8. Edit: And yes, I know the $25-$30 for 9.8 is absurdly low which is part of why I'm here trying to get better information.

I'm about to start looking around for a copy of this book as it's my favorite Marvel character but I'm seeing prices all over the place so have no idea what's actually fair and what's really inflated.

I know a book is worth whatever someone is willing to pay but I'm hoping to get a general consensus. I could check an Overstreet guide but my last one is about 14-15 years old and I'm not picking one up until the new one comes out in a couple weeks.

Edit: I forgot to mention that on one site I've seen $20 for 3.0 all the way to $95 for 7.5. Another site says $25-$30 for 9.8. And yet a third site shows $90-$850 all for 9.4 to 9.8.

lol

Price guide is obsolete. If you buy raw, sold price on ebay/auction houses is the actual, real-time market price of the book or any book. For particular grade, just click on the picture and figure out the estimate grade and the price that it sold for.

Depending on the grade you're looking for, a fair price for raw books is up to $55-$95 for a NM- to NM. I think a guaranteed 9.4 is easily worth $95 raw.

Finding NM+ (9.6/9.8) Ms. Marvel #1s are very tough because there are so many potential problems with that issue. It's got a black spine and edges which are prone to ticks, and in best case, micro-color breaks that show up on the top and edges. I've run into a lot of copies with bottom staple pops for some reason - and I'd venture a guess that 40% or more of the run has production creases on the front, back or both covers (CGC doesn't grade down for that, though).

I've probably bought 50 Ms. Marvel #1s and still have not found a 9.6 raw.

Depending on the grade you're looking for, a fair price for raw books is up to $55-$95 for a NM- to NM. I think a guaranteed 9.4 is easily worth $95 raw.

Finding NM+ (9.6/9.8) Ms. Marvel #1s are very tough because there are so many potential problems with that issue. It's got a black spine and edges which are prone to ticks, and in best case, micro-color breaks that show up on the top and edges. I've run into a lot of copies with bottom staple pops for some reason - and I'd venture a guess that 40% or more of the run has production creases on the front, back or both covers (CGC doesn't grade down for that, though).

I've probably bought 50 Ms. Marvel #1s and still have not found a 9.6 raw.

Thank you very much for that info as well, I definitely appreciate it. I saw your collection of #1s in the Ms. Marvel #1 topic last night, very impressive too. (worship)