• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

covers that form a larger picture

46 posts in this topic

Hi

I am fairly new to collecting us comics although i have a beano collection of 2000+ and i have bought a few bits to see which i like reading most.

I bought the Gotham underground collection from ebay and found that the covers of all 9 issues fitted together to create a larger picture. I was wondering if this is a fairly common thing that happens with different stories etc.

Sorry if this is a daft question but I am currently reading through the noobs guide etc and learning lots

No, I totally get what you are asking. It's actually a fairly common thing. The one that immediately comes to mind is the Whilce Portacio variants back in the 90s that all fit together to make a large picture. It ran across several titles - Union, Team 7, Gen 13, Wildcats, Deathblow, Stormwatch, Kindred, and Wetworks. (Can't believe I actually remembered all of them!)

The covers to the original Official Handbook of Marvel Universe (second edition in comic book form) were wonderful, as they provided a horizontal connection through fifteen issues (not including the last ones "Books of the Dead" and the Addenda, which also connected)… :cloud9:

Someone has taken the effort to put them together… Click on the miniature below! :D

xzAxNpyh.jpg