• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strain TV Show Discussion Thread

689 posts in this topic

God, this show is still so very awful & I can't stop watching. My nerf mini football next to my recliner gets the best workout every time this show is on. It's like bad decision after bad decision after somehow even worse storytelling.

I mean, they blew up an underground nuke at the end of the one episode, took down about a half dozen buildings & nobody even noticed or mentioned it until they tried to figure out where the other nuke was when they got to that box. It's so awful & great. Oh, nuke blows up like less than 50 feet below NYC? No power outage from the EMP that's associated with a nuke or even utility lines taken out? Just conveniently none of the lines connecting to any other part of the city were located where the nuke blew up? No "hey, was that an earthquake? What in the heck just caused the whole freaking island to shake & like a half dozen buildings to fall?" by anyone else? Alright then. It's like this show is written using a Handwavium© pencil It's so great.

Yeah, that was ridiculous lol

The choices the writers made to go away from the book have all worked great I thought.

It will be interesting see how they feature the blood factories and how the master chooses a new body.

This show has so many chances to go back in time it makes it interesting to watch. I hope that part continues.

I'm kind of torn about next season being the last.

On one hand, it's great that the show will be able to wrap up on its own terms without being dragged out indefinitely as a cash cow or cancelled too abruptly. On the other hand, there's definitely nothing else like it out there and I'll miss the hell out of it.

It will be interesting see how they feature the blood factories and how the master chooses a new body.

I think The Master will

take over Zack. That was his intention in the book and, after the whole nuke incident, I think it's actually going to happen in the show. He's pretty much irredeemable at this point and it would really mess up Eph.