• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strain TV Show Discussion Thread

689 posts in this topic

Just caught up with the end of season 2. It's a bit chaotic at times but I still love the show because it is immensely enjoyable.

The episode where Eichhorst has Dutch chained up and we see how he came to join the Nazi's is one of the best single episodes of any show I've seen in the last few years.

I hate that kid with a passion.

Season 3 starts August 28th. Get excited :o

In all seriousness I enjoyed the first two seasons. Nothing groundbreaking but overall well played out so far.

I'm quite astonished there hasn't been any posts since the new season began...there have been 3-4 episodes this season that have been superior to the best episode of either of the previous two. Condensing the season to 10 episodes has tightened up the writing and storylines, and have made the show considerably better. It went from being a "6 out of 10" show that was just good enough to keep on the DVR to a solid "8 out of 10" high quality endeavor that I now look forward to.

Thoughts? Who else has really enjoyed this season?

I thought the reason nobody posted about this show was because it wasn't following the books = nobody cared. I always liked it myself whether if branched away at times or not. Comic book fans are very fickle and I've had this conversation with friends about oh it didn't follow so hate on it blah blah.

The Strain is entertaining and I'm enjoying the ride.

God, this show is still so very awful & I can't stop watching. My nerf mini football next to my recliner gets the best workout every time this show is on. It's like bad decision after bad decision after somehow even worse storytelling.

I mean, they blew up an underground nuke at the end of the one episode, took down about a half dozen buildings & nobody even noticed or mentioned it until they tried to figure out where the other nuke was when they got to that box. It's so awful & great. Oh, nuke blows up like less than 50 feet below NYC? No power outage from the EMP that's associated with a nuke or even utility lines taken out? Just conveniently none of the lines connecting to any other part of the city were located where the nuke blew up? No "hey, was that an earthquake? What in the heck just caused the whole freaking island to shake & like a half dozen buildings to fall?" by anyone else? Alright then. It's like this show is written using a Handwavium© pencil It's so great.

Haven't watched any of this season other than the premiere. Just didn't have the draw for me of the other seasons IMO and so much other good TV on lately. I'm sure it's still a fun watch.

They are all on the DVR .. maybe someday I'll get to that and the 2nd season of Fear TWD.

God, this show is still so very awful & I can't stop watching. My nerf mini football next to my recliner gets the best workout every time this show is on. It's like bad decision after bad decision after somehow even worse storytelling.

I mean, they blew up an underground nuke at the end of the one episode, took down about a half dozen buildings & nobody even noticed or mentioned it until they tried to figure out where the other nuke was when they got to that box. It's so awful & great. Oh, nuke blows up like less than 50 feet below NYC? No power outage from the EMP that's associated with a nuke or even utility lines taken out? Just conveniently none of the lines connecting to any other part of the city were located where the nuke blew up? No "hey, was that an earthquake? What in the heck just caused the whole freaking island to shake & like a half dozen buildings to fall?" by anyone else? Alright then. It's like this show is written using a Handwavium© pencil It's so great.

(thumbs u^^