• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Movies that Suck Thread

169 posts in this topic

I thought the Incredible Hulk movie they made back in 2002 was pretty difficult to watch. I don't remember it very well because I've had no desire to re-watch it since then.

A lot of roaring and screaming. And that was from the audience seeing this film.

To waste an opportunity like that on a character which is so well known was a shame. But that's the story of our hobby with many movies.

Every Spider-Man movie, the last two Iron Man movies, the last half hour or so of the Dark Knight, the last hour or so of Dark Knight Rises.

You have to be a child to enjoy the Spider-Man movies. That will never change. Spidey is the number 1 character as far as marketing to children.

IM3 Did anyone else find the "anxiety" scenes giving them... well, anxiety? lol

And what was up with the MacGuyver scenes? And the armor always falling apart like it was made out of Tupperware? And the scenes with the little kid? They felt forced. (shrug)

the whole thing with the kid is that he was grossly miscast. He should have been a skinny, snarky little street rat. It wouldn't have hurt to give a nod to Tony by giving him an unruly thatch of black hair.

Instead we got a generic "Hollywood Cute" kid, and no evidence of street smarts to speak of.

Batman_forever_ver7.jpg

and...

Batman_%26_robin_poster.jpg

Oh yeah, how could I forgot those? doh!

Put them at the top of my list. They are far worse then Superman Returns.

They belong in a special category.

lol

I'll admit it, as a kid I loved Batman Forvever. I even remember sitting in the theater with my dad and everything. I was only 9 but it left a lasting impression.

It isn't so great now though.

You guys can say Superman Returns and Daredevil to your heart's content, but...

I'm gonna vote for Dylan Dog, Sparks: The Origin of Ian Sparks, Bunny Whipped, The Crow: Wicked Prayer. These dogs made The Spirit look good. :P

Nonsense. They may have made it look slightly less bad.

NOTHING can make it look good.

Batman_forever_ver7.jpg

and...

lol

I'll admit it, as a kid I loved Batman Forvever. I even remember sitting in the theater with my dad and everything. I was only 9 but it left a lasting impression.

Walmart was having a sale on superhero DVDs a few months back. An entire rack loaded with Batman, Fantastic Four, Superman and X-Men movies. All for $3.99 each.

I saw those two Batman movies and kept on pawing through the rest of the pile.

Iron Man 2-3 were terrible

First Cap was forgettable and ended poorly

Thor had long periods of boredom

Avengers was saved by the last hour or so

Man of Steel was too much story for the film

DKR didn't focus the screen time on the interesting characters enough

ASM was pretty poor (lining up the cranes scenes) and he barely kept his mask on

Batman_forever_ver7.jpg

and...

lol

I was 13 when Batman Forever came out, the hype was huge and everyone loved it! I remember sitting in the theater, smiling as the credits rolled, I had trading cards, a poster, even a Two-Face tee shirt. I caught part of Batman Forever on tv not long after Batman Begins came out, I couldn't watch 10 minutes of it, tarnished memories, the film did not age well.

You guys can say Superman Returns and Daredevil to your heart's content, but...

I'm gonna vote for Dylan Dog, Sparks: The Origin of Ian Sparks, Bunny Whipped, The Crow: Wicked Prayer. These dogs made The Spirit look good. :P

Nonsense. They may have made it look slightly less bad.

NOTHING can make it look good.

Oops, I meant the 1986 ABC TV movie adaption. :baiting:

I feel obligated to nominate the Ghost Rider sequel as well. :grin:

It was the Highlander 2: The Quickening of sequels. lol

Ghost Rider. That was the other movie at the Walmart superhero sale. I saw it, and then kept on digging.

:ohnoez:

Exactly how I knew this thread would turn out. It's called the movies that suck thread but you have people throwing movies out there that have huge audience approval rating. No disrespect but if you think a movie that has 95% positive audience reviews sucks maybe you suck. No disrespect of course!!

I feel obligated to nominate the Ghost Rider sequel as well. :grin:

It was the Highlander 2: The Quickening of sequels. lol

Ghost Rider. That was the other movie at the Walmart superhero sale. I saw it, and then kept on digging.

:ohnoez:

Just keep diggin' for Nic Cage's Drive Angry. It's the best bang for your five bucks. It felt like a distant cousin to his Ghost Rider movies and was waayyyy better. (thumbs u

So, we're to be sheep with no mind of our own? I loved Watchmen, LXG, and Wanted. What were the all powerful "positive audience reviews" on those? I really don't know because I've never cared to look up what the "audience" thinks.

We like what we like. :)

Not what I'm saying at all. Everyone has their own opinion but if you say well Silence of the Lambs sucks it's just stupid because nearly everyone that saw it liked it so obviously it wasn't a sucky movie it's just you that thought it sucked. Same premise.