• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculation misses

227 posts in this topic

the death of archie was a miss before it was released. I normally shy away from a writer/publisher trying to make a 'point'.

I think "making the point" is a large portion of what held it down. Comics are a nice escape from the real world and really don't work so much as a soapbox.

the death of archie was a miss before it was released. I normally shy away from a writer/publisher trying to make a 'point'.

I think "making the point" is a large portion of what held it down. Comics are a nice escape from the real world and really don't work so much as a soapbox.

Agree, though if they really wanted to make the point they wanted to make, then Kevin would've gotten shot and killed. But, it would have resulted in a major media backlash with hour to hour discussion on CNN & MSNBC, and the comic buying public wouldn't have cared.

I'm putting Figment on the miss list, it's a hyped up dud that sells for barely above cover 2 issues in

Agree, though if they really wanted to make the point they wanted to make, then Kevin would've gotten shot and killed. But, it would have resulted in a major media backlash with hour to hour discussion on CNN & MSNBC, and the comic buying public wouldn't have cared.

I'm putting Figment on the miss list, it's a hyped up dud that sells for barely above cover 2 issues in

Surely you jest

(SHOVE) Get off my soapbox, insufficiently_thoughtly_person_you!

:whee:

(SHOVE) Get off my soapbox, insufficiently_thoughtly_person_you!

:whee:

lol