• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 7

154 posts in this topic

1.8???? Are you *spoon*ing kidding? No staples and a 1.8??? ugh. 7.5 and 0.5

I'm thinking that most people overgraded this one. I sure did.

We will see...

me too at 2.5 :(

I got the tec but really under graded the bats. I still cannot believe it's an 8.0

8.0 is VERY FINE.... just listen to the sound of that .....VERY FINE.... then look at that book :mad:

I'm thinking that most people overgraded this one. I sure did.

We will see...

after the grades that one book with the centerfold detached got a few rounds ago, i agree that most people bumped the grades on ths one since it presents so well!

I guessed 2.0, but I can see the case for 0.5. With no staples it's basically just a pile of wraps, right?

6.5 on the Bats, that one got one helluva GA bump, I'm thinking.

Had NO idea on the Tec, but I knew that cover loose stuff had gotten 4's before, graded it at a (gulp) 3.5. My worst round by far so far.

That's because the tec should grade higher, post that book up at gpa and it would sell in seconds.

Yeah, that's the most awesome looking 1.8 I've ever seen!

41st edition overstreet says that book at 2.0 goes for $892....which puts a 1.8 even lower than that...... :facepalm:

I got the tec but really under graded the bats. I still cannot believe it's an 8.0

8.0 is VERY FINE.... just listen to the sound of that .....VERY FINE.... then look at that book :mad:

What's your point?

lol

my point is......

I DIDN'T GIVE IT AN 8.0 !! :cry:

I didn't think they would grade the Tec 40 a 2.0 and you see tons of books that look like total *spoon* at 1.0. So I had to decide between 1.5 and 1.8, I just thought it presented well and I lucked out with the 1.8.

But it still was kind of like throwing darts in the dark.

I couldn't give it a 8.0 when I saw the BC, that's why I went 7.5 I wanted to go 7.0 but figured CGC would give a bump for the classic GA book. Apparently Holiday Ham gave Harshen a nice present this year lol:)

What's your point?

lol

my point is......

I DIDN'T GIVE IT AN 8.0 !! :cry:

I went to the heritage slabs on this book. I have been in the market for the bats for over a year just waiting on the right one... Out of the 20 plus examples this book was not beter than any 6.0 examples. WOW....