• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Apology and Farewell

98 posts in this topic

So its no secret, I've been acting like a complete tool on many occasions on this board. From the lies, the the shilling, to the overall lack of decency, apologies are not enough. I've decided (with the advice of others) the best thing to do is to just step away completely from the board.

This is not an excuse, but I've recently begun to see a Therapist as my behavior has been erratic and has affected my job, and day to day life. I've been diagnosed with Cyclothymia, a low spectrum version of Bipolar disorder. Essentially it leads to me acting erratic when in manic phases, having no care for the consequences of my actions and having an elevated sense of worth. I've begun to do CBT as well as taking medicine which is helping. Once again I'm not looking for sympathy, but if you do feel like things are starting to get away from you and you aren't yourself I urge you to see a therapist.

Once again my apologizes to anyone I've wronged, and you won't have to worry about me sticking around. I will however be fulfilling the commitments I have to those who still have books and slabs on the way from me.

Best of luck guys, this is a great community and I'm sorry for my part in bringing it down in my own way.

-Joe

remove that pic - too much info - :facepalm:

This.

Also, that's generic for Lunesta, not Lexapro.

In any case, dealing with that stuff is difficult. Good luck to you on that.

This.

I was on Lunesta for a bit and it was to treat insomnia. Never heard of insomnia meds being given to treat bi-polar disorder.

I've been acting like a complete tool on many occasions on this board. From the lies, the the shilling, to the overall lack of decency, apologies are not enough. as my behavior has been erratic I've been diagnosed with Cyclothymia, a low spectrum version of Bipolar disorder. Essentially it leads to me acting erratic when in manic phases, having no care for the consequences of my actions and having an elevated sense of worth. I've begun to do CBT as well as taking medicine which is helping.

This describes the entire board. Why leave your people?

This.

I was on Lunesta for a bit and it was to treat insomnia. Never heard of insomnia meds being given to treat bi-polar disorder.

Pulled the wrong vial, Escitalopram is the generic name for Lexapro. Similar enough to make a mistake. SSRI's can give insomnia so I was given some Lunesta.

This.

It's possible he's on both. Got the pics mixed up.

Lunesta could be prescribed to help someone in a manic episode calm themselves and be able to sleep.