• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pulled Thread Numbers

12 posts in this topic

I never really noticed this before, but if you go to the Main Index page before you log in, you can see exactly how many threads the mods have pulled from these boards.

In logged in mode, you'll see by each forum in the threads column a figure of the total number of threads in that forum and another figure by it in brackets, which is the number of new threads since you last visited the boards.

If you're not logged in, the 2 sets of figures should be the same, but they frequently differ. In some forums, the unseen thread count is lower than the normal thread count. This is presumably because of 'stuck' threads that were in place before that particular forum came on line.

In some forums however, the unseen thread count is higher than the normal thread count. The inference here is that the diferential is made up by the number of threads that got pulled.

Whether you get the gist of that or not, the current disparity on the Comics General forum is 69 (11470 to 11539). That's more than I would have guessed and represents about 0.6% of all threads started. Where are those lost beauties now?

The other CGC boards count out at Bronze - 2, Silver - 1, Gold - 1 and Grading/Restoration - 3. I wouldn't have thought the last area could be so contentious.

The coinees are much more passive and they're is only about a dozen discrepancy in all the NGC forums put together.

Maybe I'm wrong on what the figures mean, in which case I'm sure Arch will put me right...

Hmmmm one's a Lighthouse dig ?? shy.gif

...sigh,...it's days like this I really miss Lighthouse's posts,....not the long drawn out endless ones mind you,.....they made me want to stick large needles in my eyes till I was soaked in blood,...his views on these boards were always as fresh as a clear day on meds, when you can still hear the voices in your head,...but they all seem to be getting along,....ah!!!!,.....good cloud9.gif times....

Whether you get the gist of that or not, the current disparity on the Comics General forum is 69 (11470 to 11539). That's more than I would have guessed and represents about 0.6% of all threads started. Where are those lost beauties now?

In the 2 1/2 years that I have been here, there have been some crazy threads so I am actually surprised the pull count is not higher. There was a period when hammer and bugaboo were still around (officially) that several threads a week were getting pulled. 893whatthe.gif

It used to be the case that if you got suspended from the boards you had access to all the pulled threads, but I don't believe that is still the case. I believe the entertainment value was too much of an incentive to get a suspension. 27_laughing.gif

In the 2 1/2 years that I have been here, there have been some crazy threads so I am actually surprised the pull count is not higher. There was a period when hammer and bugaboo were still around (officially) that several threads a week were getting pulled. 893whatthe.gif

It used to be the case that if you got suspended from the boards you had access to all the pulled threads, but I don't believe that is still the case. I believe the entertainment value was too much of an incentive to get a suspension. 27_laughing.gif

yeahok.gif

• Administrator

Now that you have discovered the secret of the pulled post count, ve must kill you.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

The discrepancy is probably not reliable. In actuality there have been 9,502 pulled posts (not threads, but posts including all replies etc.).

A thread count would be misleading anyway, as it's frequent that the posts inside of threads get pulled rather than whole threads.

9,502... that's alot of trash...

Now that you have discovered the secret of the pulled post count, ve must kill you.

The discrepancy is probably not reliable. In actuality there have been 9,502 pulled posts (not threads, but posts including all replies etc.).

A thread count would be misleading anyway, as it's frequent that the posts inside of threads get pulled rather than whole threads.

Were any of them mine? confused-smiley-013.gif

Most of them were. devil.gif

Most of them were. devil.gif

acclaim.gif