• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did CGC just sell my email address?

18 posts in this topic

I'm sure it's permitted in the fine print of something I agreed to somewhere. I did see the option to opt out just now. And I'm sure someone will point out an example in the past. BUT

I just got an email from CGC about the ComicLink auction. So CGC is selling their email addresses of clients or members to "Industry Affiliates"? Great.

The banner ads and Google ads and affiliate linking revenue weren't enough?

I just got the same E-Mail, never got it before. I don't think they sold your EM address, it came from CGC, not CLink. Interesting but it doesn't bother me.
If you see that it came from CGC on behalf of ComicLink are you saying that CLink never sees the addresses? This is just a direct communication from CGC for Clink? Interesting thought.

I'm sure it's permitted in the fine print of something I agreed to somewhere. I did see the option to opt out just now. And I'm sure someone will point out an example in the past. BUT

I just got an email from CGC about the ComicLink auction. So CGC is selling their email addresses of clients or members to "Industry Affiliates"? Great.

Actually, that was me that sold it. I was short $0.32 on my Starbucks this morning and it was a moment of weakness.

I just got the same E-Mail, never got it before. I don't think they sold your EM address, it came from CGC, not CLink. Interesting but it doesn't bother me.

+1

+2 Except that it does kind of bother me.

ablqq.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

THE FIRST ALL-IN-ONE Comic Book Performance Enhancer AND Grade Enlargement WITH THE TRADEMARKED SWEDISH INGREDIENT 'PRESSFLEX 1000'

FEEL THE BURN AND PRESS THOSE WRINKLES AWAY!

Actually, that was me that sold it. I was short $0.32 on my Starbucks this morning and it was a moment of weakness.

that's $.27 more than I would've paid for your email. In fact, I'm offering $1.97 to someone who Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind's me of your memory.

+1

+2 Except that it does kind of bother me.

+3 It was just another spam email to be deleted with all the rest.