• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worthless books from the 80's-90's

34 posts in this topic

I'm wanting to clear out some space in my boxes by getting rid of about 130 books from the 80's and 90's. None of them are anything special at all. What are you suggestions? I'm offering them in the Marketplace, but should I just put them on eBay or donate them to my LCD? confused-smiley-013.gif

Best advice I can offer is give 'em to a kid this Christmas. While I do sell cheap reader lots on ebay, this week I packed up an overstuffed longbox of 80s and 90s books and knocked on a neighbor's door who I barely know and asked if their 5 year old son wanted a free box of comics. Guess what the answer was.

I figure I did my Christmas "good deed" for the year. Now Clarence can get his wings. 27_laughing.gif

Best advice I can offer is give 'em to a kid this Christmas. While I do sell cheap reader lots on ebay, this week I packed up an overstuffed longbox of 80s and 90s books and knocked on a neighbor's door who I barely know and asked if their 5 year old son wanted a free box of comics. Guess what the answer was.

That's all fine and dandy until they open up a Void Indigo #1 or Omaha, the Cat Dancer tongue.gif

(I guess it's up to the parent to screen the comics first.)

I was looking through a box of magazines I had on sale at a convention this past weekend and I came across a High Times magazine....

I'm wanting to clear out some space in my boxes by getting rid of about 130 books from the 80's and 90's. None of them are anything special at all. What are you suggestions? I'm offering them in the Marketplace, but should I just put them on eBay or donate them to my LCD? confused-smiley-013.gif

Send'em into CGC and have them graded. If they don't come back with a PLOD, you'll make some money! insane.gif

Send'em into CGC and have them graded. If they don't come back with a PLOD, you'll make some money! insane.gif

Or CGC does...

My LCS buys these books (when they DO buy them!) for .10 a piece. They sell for a buck a piece or 12 for $10.00.

Best bet is to check some past auctions on Ebay and see what lot's are going for. I'd be surprised if you get much more, or even, cover price for them. Best of luck to you though. hi.gif

I was looking through a box of magazines I had on sale at a convention this past weekend and I came across a High Times magazine....

I have several High Times 'file copies' of their comics related issues (Frazetta, Vaughn Bode, etc.) thumbsup2.gif

Take a picture of the stack with a $10 book on top from the 60's and offer the collection for sale in the Book section in ebay and give the standard "I just found these in my fathers attic and I don't know what they are worth" story.

Watch the bidders pile on.

Oh yeah, don't offer money back or answer any questions before hand. devil.gifdevil.gif

Take a picture of the stack with a $10 book on top from the 60's and offer the collection for sale in the Book section in ebay and give the standard "I just found these in my fathers attic and I don't know what they are worth" story.

Oh yeah, don't offer money back or answer any questions before hand. devil.gifdevil.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

Be sure to list it in the "Golden Age" section too, to maximize they number of interested parties! devil.gif

Fuzzy scan optional.

To be honest, there may be some sleepers in the stack. Just nothing that really interests me and that I'm really not 100% sure about their worth (i.e. I'm too poor to actually buy an Overstreet Guide). insane.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

Be sure to list it in the "Golden Age" section too, to maximize they number of interested parties! devil.gif

Fuzzy scan optional.

Why don't you just cut out all the extra work and just mug some old ladies. tongue.gif

To be honest, there may be some sleepers in the stack. Just nothing that really interests me and that I'm really not 100% sure about their worth (i.e. I'm too poor to actually buy an Overstreet Guide). insane.gif

Well in that case, Let's help a Brother out!

80's to 95's ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

FF's by Byrne, X-men's after Byrne, Daredevil's Miller/Janson= worth a little more.

What else is there to weed through? popcorn.gif

Someone's got to have some iinfo, so you don't unload everything for a song. flowerred.gif

Let's get this thread humming! makepoint.gif