• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four director tells actors not to read comics

59 posts in this topic

Also, there will not be four of them but three. And, they wont have powers just crack a lot of jokes.

Sweet!

The Fantastic Three Stooges.

IT'S CLOBBERIN TI........UH.......I MEAN........NYUK NYUK NYUK!

Eff them. Eff Fox and eff this whole effing movie.

WHY CALL IT THE FANTASTIC FOUR???

Honestly, if I was near the Fox offices I'd punch some executives in the throat for this.

Peace,

Chip

They don`t want to give up the name Fantastic Four. It`s a valuable commodity.

Chronicle was a very good movie. What they should have done was have Josh Trank do his Chronicle 2,and let Fantastic Four go back to Marvel.

Basically it`s all about money. Marvel couldn`t work something out with Fox, so someone is going to pay.

Will it be the FF fans who pay?

Will it be the FF characters who pay?

Will it be Marvel who pays?

What I think will happen is this Fantastic Four will be a decent movie, but it will have nothing to do with our beloved Fantastic Four we have grown accustomed to in the comics.

It will be Fantastic Four in name only.

:sick:

Chronicle was almost good but the whiny character of andrew detmer killed it for me

The last 20 minutes was just dude yelling ANDREW! ANDREW!!! over and over....

All past ball bustin' aside... This is one movie I am genuinely rooting for to fail miserably.

no costumes will be used and they won't be referring to the characters as the Fantastic Four. :facepalm:

Kate Mara, who is playing Sue Storm, says they won't be using anything from the Marvel comic books.

"I've never been a fan of comics, :facepalm: I've never actually read one. :facepalm: I was going to for this movie but the director said it wasn't necessary. Well, actually he told us that we shouldn't do it :facepalm:because the plot won't be based on any history of anything already published. So I chose to follow his instructions. "

The last comic book type movie she was in "Zoom", had a pretty underwhelming super-powered performance as well. :facepalm:

It is super tragic to see such an important comic book team be treated with such utter lack of respect. The Fantastic Four deserve to be well, fantastic. I have no idea why producers think people want these as realistic as can be super hero movies. Super heroes are supposed to be fantasy, why try to remove that from it? Why not embrace it and bring to life something that could never happen? Nolan was lucky with the Dark Knight movies because he new how to balance it and respect the integrity of the characters. This is just ripping apart history and using a culturally known name to sell a likely trash story.

Sounds like Trank and FOX are wanting to be too cool for school...Yeah, let's not respect the source material of a long-standing and successful property...insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

Maybe it will suck so bad, FOX will end up give it up to focus on X-Men????

Thing is, even if Marvel does get FF back, with Marvel's slate, they would probably have to do some serious re-jigging to get FF to the big screen even if they did get them back...

Speculation aside, I think FOX and Co. will be going into damage control after this...

Sounds like Trank and FOX are wanting to be too cool for school...Yeah, let's not respect the source material of a long-standing and successful property...insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

Maybe it will suck so bad, FOX will end up give it up to focus on X-Men????

Thing is, even if Marvel does get FF back, with Marvel's slate, they would probably have to do some serious re-jigging to get FF to the big screen even if they did get them back...

Speculation aside, I think FOX and Co. will be going into damage control after this...

It`s starting to get a bad rep like the Johnny Depp Lone Ranger movie. Once a movie starts to give off a bad vibe it usually is doomed like Comicopolis stated.

It could be a decent movie like Lone Ranger actually turned out to be, but its box office will suck do to negativity amongst its fanbase. Its fanbase is important.

An example is Transformers gets killed by critics, but the Transformers fanbase loves the movies which leads to a big box office.

I am really puzzled to what Fox and Trank are thinking on this?

It does look like they are trying to be too cool for school by not respecting the source material.

Trank and FOX will have to do a lot of damage control to save this one.

Chronicle was a #1 movie it's opening weekend, but that was the first weekend in February. 'The Vow' was the #1 movie the weekend after that.

vow_poster.jpg

It took it 4 1/2 months to do $64 million.

It's big strength was that it only cost $12 million to make.

With a big budget... early controversy... sophmore director's first big project...

'The Vow' was the #1 movie the weekend after that.

vow_poster.jpg

Any Orphan Black fans in the house tonight that are suffering from withdrawls since Season 2 ended?

Tatiana Maslany has a bit part in this one. (thumbs u

Only reason I watched it (really :blush: ).

Kept wishing she would go all Helena on the cast.

"You make me cry, seestra" lol

Note to Hollywood: no one wants to see a whiny character

We get enough whining in real life

vow_poster.jpg

Any Orphan Black fans in the house tonight that are suffering from withdrawls since Season 2 ended?

I watched season one on Netflix. Wow. Loved it

Waiting to watch it free on Netflix for season. 2

vow_poster.jpg

I watched season one on Netflix. Wow. Loved it

Waiting to watch it free on Netflix for season. 2

(thumbs u

Season 2 just came out today on Blu Ray.

I bought it. It's a series I have to own.

If Tatiana played all four characters on the Fantasic Four, I don't think people would complain. lol