• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four director tells actors not to read comics

59 posts in this topic

This just in:

Apparently FF director cannot read-he never learned how

Thus he's down on it

This news makes me sad, I really like the Fantastic Four, and it sound like this movie will be awful. So much for my FF#1 getting a movie value bump.

Funny...when I read the first few lines of the article "no costumes for Fantastic Four" ..I thought of the first couple of issues of the FF where they didnt have any costumes. I didnt think it was a big deal...until I read the rest of the article. :P

This just in:

FF director says comic books are stupid; he's going in a whole 'nother direction

Think Forrest Gump meets 'Blade'

FF to be cast as 4 women, in a 'Charlie's Angel's' type scenario

Dr Doom will be 'Charlie'

Director says he feels good about this fresh new direction

Each member will have some special, gimmick, like one will throw knives and crack jokes.

Like, mama tomato, dad tomato and baby tomato walking. Baby tomato lagging behind, dad squishes him and goes 'ketchup!'

This just in: one of the actors caught reading a comic-director fires on the spot

Even though it was a Richie Rich comic

Wow. It's one thing to disrespect the source material, which plenty of movies based on comic properties have done. It's another thing to treat the source material with absolute contempt and disdain.

I'd love nothing more than to see a really cool FF movie, but it would seem that this is yet another misfire.

I

Gee let's see-they make comic movies cause the characters and stories are interesting, then they completely throw out the comics.

Why not save a step and not do comic movies?

Gee let's see-they make comic movies cause the characters and stories are interesting, then they completely throw out the comics.

Why not save a step and not do comic movies?

They're just trying to make money off of a familiar name brand. That's it.

Dumb.

Why not just do any movie, like Titanic, but call it 'the Fantastic Four'

I continue to believe that the best Fantastic Four movie could be made by Pixar/Disney. They practically did a terrific one already with The Incredibles. So, if this debacle leads to Marvel/Disney regaining the rights to the Fantastic Four, then by all means bring on the flop.