• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman opening shirt tattoo

49 posts in this topic

Are you getting it on your chest, full size?

No, on my shoulder.

Get it on your chest full size!! :baiting:

Don't listen to Swick... that would look borderline bizarre on your chest at full size. It would look like a grown man was behind you grabbing your chest.

No chance I'll ever listen to Swick!

:devil:

That first one is awful the hands are all jacked up the others none of them have proper shirt folds

this is the actual pic of one of them but find an artist that can do folds properly

CW-April-1996-Lands-End-catalog-Superman-shirt-rip-271x300.jpg

Alex Ross was the answer all along

superman-alex-ross.jpg

+1 on that, good luck, get whichever one speaks to you most, pics of course when you do it.

Another idea is the get the actual costume tattoed on your whole chest and when anyone asks to see it you rip your shirt open hm:acclaim:

What about just the simple (and classic) S-Shield symbol?

That was my first idea but it's been done too much. This seems a little less common and really speaks to me.

O

This hasn't been posted yet??

(tsk)

InhSZil.jpg

Don't think it would look quite as good on me...close though. :banana:

you're going to need a great tattoo artist to emulate Alex Ross

There are a couple world class tattoo artists in my city so hopefully I find one worthy

Realize that tat is probably on a lot of people

Yeah, but do any of them have the sexy body I have as a canvas??? :whee:

What about just the simple (and classic) S-Shield symbol?

That was my first idea but it's been done too much. This seems a little less common and really speaks to me.

O

This hasn't been posted yet??

(tsk)

InhSZil.jpg

Don't think it would look quite as good on me...close though. :banana:

you're going to need a great tattoo artist to emulate Alex Ross

There are a couple world class tattoo artists in my city so hopefully I find one worthy

Realize that tat is probably on a lot of people

Yeah, but do any of them have the sexy body I have as a canvas??? :whee:

BAZINGA!

good point

The face has to be done very carefully-if he uses every line it will all bleed together over time

How come Batman never rips open his shirt like that?

In related news, wtf does Superman put his boots? they certainly wouldnt fint under his shoes unless he's wearing clown shoes

If you are going to do it - do it on your chest.

It will hurt like hell over your sternum and ribs and you will need 10 sittings unless you have the pain threshold of a bull - although most will be block colour which is much less painfull than outline work.

Your choice, but having a tattoo of Supermans chest WILL look so much better on YOUR chest.

Just make sure you don't go too high so it can always be covered by a shirt collar.

You can only do these things once - so really, really be 100% certain what you want.

Good Luck (and take some painkillers 30 minutes beforehand - and avoid alcohol and aspirin!)

If you are going to do it - do it on your chest.

It will hurt like hell over your sternum and ribs and you will need 10 sittings unless you have the pain threshold of a bull - although most will be block colour which is much less painfull than outline work.

Your choice, but having a tattoo of Supermans chest WILL look so much better on YOUR chest.

Just make sure you don't go too high so it can always be covered by a shirt collar.

You can only do these things once - so really, really be 100% certain what you want.

Good Luck (and take some painkillers 30 minutes beforehand - and avoid alcohol and aspirin!)

lol that would be great if you never put on any weight but if you turn into an old fat guy having that tat on your chest will be a horrible choice. Supermanboobs no thanks