• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab a National Enquirer

67 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of submitting a brand new National Enquirer for grading (hoping to get a 9.7) and then comparing it to 99.9% of the modern slabbed drek that I see the new set requests for, ! in 20 years which will be worth more I wonder ???

Don't be a pecker.

(tsk)

Walking dead's are cool ! they are the 0.01% of moderns that are not drek, they also are the basically THE ONLY moderns that any dealer will buy from you,

everything else slabbed and modern compares to the National Enquirer.

lol ........ still thinking the cgc National Enquirer will beat out all the WD variants and a few other WD issues.

But I'm having fun collecting them. I will let my kids worry about the values later. :insane:

Well Hell! I better throw out all my superhero sheit,and start collecting 50's war books. :sorry:

wait..... ?? I thought this was about slabbing one of those checkstand rags the National Enquirer.

You can keep your super hero books Dave :makepoint:

Everybody gets to collect whatever they want and I am not trying to rain on anyone's particular tastes , heck I know a girl who spent a small fortune collecting plastic harmony egg type figurines and they have almost no resale value'

but please realize if you are collecting modern comics and paying to have them slabbed you are doing it for the love of collecting only, they have almost no upside potential, there are thousands of them available and the demand will never come close to the supply , you will never recoup even a small portion of your investment, in the future these slabs will be in dollar boxes with no takers

all the proof you need is to take a look at the stamp collecting market, stamps used to be the most popular hobby, but in the 1930's stamps were starting to be saved by people and today 84 years later you can get mint condition stamps from the 1930's for UNDER face value (and stamps even have commercial use , unlike comic books) todays modern slabbed comics (drek) will fare even worse than stamps just a heads up to anyone collecting them for any other reason than for the love of comics.