• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank grillo as the punisher?

13 posts in this topic

Could this work? I mean he already played crossbones. He mentions Chris Evans as the human torch and later as cap but marvel/ Disney owns the righs to both characters in this scenario. What do you guys think?

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2014/07/17/frank-grillo-wants-to-play-the-punisher/

Frank grills interview where he talks about the punisher

Liam Neeson!

That's a bad joke right? I love Liam but he's for to old for frank. Joe maginello, fuerte butler and it sucks hes already cross bones but frank would make a good frank castle. Btw he's also a huge fan of anti characters and His character is the purge is basically the punisher.

Liam Neeson!

That's a bad joke right? I love Liam but he's for to old for frank. Joe maginello, fuerte butler and it sucks hes already cross bones but frank would make a good frank castle. Btw he's also a huge fan of anti characters and His character is the purge is basically the punisher.

I just saw him in NON-STOP. He was pretty good in it, but he is no Punisher.

I liked Thomas Jane. Why they replaced him I will never know.

Jane did great, but I also like Ray Stevenson - I like the big Italian John Romita Jr Punisher, so Ray looked the part more than Jane. However, Jane captured Frank Castle really well.

And with that, I'll post:

Who owns the rights to Punisher? I'd love to see a well done movie. I almost feel like it would also make a great dark and gritty Netflix show.

Did anyone see the comments by the Netflix Exec about Orange is the New Black? A little concerning…

I liked Thomas Jane. Why they replaced him I will never know?

.THOMAS-JANE-THE-MIST-HUNG--RAY-STEVENSON-REBOOT-FRANK-CASTLE-MIST-BEST-SUPERHERO-SPIDER-MAN-AVENGERS-BLADE-MARVEL-STUDIOS-LIONSGATE-CONAN-ARMY-LEEE777.jpg

+1,000,000

I loved Jane as Punisher! The complaints of his performance was that he was "too somber"... Do people know who the punisher is???

I know this has been posted before but just a reminder...

I liked Thomas Jane. Why they replaced him I will never know.

Jane did great, but I also like Ray Stevenson - I like the big Italian John Romita Jr Punisher, so Ray looked the part more than Jane. However, Jane captured Frank Castle really well.

And with that, I'll post:

That was awesome. I loved that ending. (thumbs u

I've brought it up before, movie studios/execs/producers do not know how to handle a full-length Punisher story. To the average movie-goer, a Punisher movie would simply be a 2010s version of a Charles Bronson flick.

His character is much more suited to be a crime drama tv show (think the Punisher War Zone early issues - great crime stories that can be strung out into multiple episodes) - and I would really love to see him cameo in the DD Netflix show to re-introduce him to audiences. The Punisher rules, but boy - his on-screen persona has been really mishandled by unusually bad screenwriting.

Give me a 10-episode season of The Punisher written by Nic Pizzolatto with a wonderfully long, revenge-laden, slow-burning story with the classic Punisher body count finale.

Two years ago at SDCC I was walking by a rondom booth and Thomas Jane was there selling CDs ( I don't remember what the CD was. I think the sound track to one of his movies (shrug) and the comic he co-wrote.

The crazy thing, the guy was coked up beyond unnoticeable. He has sun glasses on, and was just twitching a mile a minute. My friend said he liked him in some movie and he kinda just grunted.

It was funny.

I totally disagree with the people saying the punisher should have a show. He deserves a movie for sure. The only thing is will Disney/ marvel be able to make a movie that's an R and that's not geared towards kids like all the others? With the success of movies like the purge with frank grills character or a throwback type like olympus has fallen with Gerard butler. To me it's such an easy movie to make. Just go by the comics and update as you go to fitting into our times now. Change the war that frank was in, change around time lines etc... Get a director that can handle a movie like this for instance Robert Rodriguez or Mark gill this movie would be set to be very good. Those who do not know who mark gill is he's done many good movies as had Robert R. Ray Stevenson sucked as the punisher. I like frank grillo a lot but he's c bones however I feel he's got the acting chops and he can be a lead, Joey Mag, he did very well as grinder on sabotage and is on true blood I feel he could do his thing, gerrard butler is a good candidate and has done very well however I'd like an American actor playing this part only, Tom Jane I'd like to have back and was the best punisher by far however he's a bit older now and seems to have gotten out of shape. Btw who doesn't wanna see a movie where the tough guy hero goes out and kicks arse?