• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 9

136 posts in this topic

I checked the census after submitting my grades an saw the WOF was either an 8.0 or a 6.0. With those two busted corners, I would have thought the 6.0 more likely.

I checked the census after submitting my grades an saw the WOF was either an 8.0 or a 6.0. With those two busted corners, I would have thought the 6.0 more likely.

The Marvel Mystery I figured was either a 3.5 or a 'gift' 4.0. I gambled on the 4.0 and lost.

The World of Fantasy, yeah... it's a pretty book, but seemed like a lot of things going on there (spine scuff, spine ticks, heavy bend etc) for an 8.0. I said 7.5 but 7.0 wouldn't have shocked me either.

I thought 7.0 all day. With the non-color breaking creases, I thought no way higher than 7.5. Of course, I should have stuck with the 3.5 on the MM. Lowered it to 3.0. Ahhh. I was feinin for a double bullyeye, now I just want one!!!

The Marvel Mystery I figured was either a 3.5 or a 'gift' 4.0. Gambled on the 4.0 and lost.

The World of Fantasy, yeah... it's a pretty book, but a lot of things going on there for an 8.0. I said 7.5 but 7.0 wouldn't have shocked me either.

I thought 7.0/7.5

Was very happy with the 8.0. It is a sharp book that is nice and tight! :cloud9:

The Marvel Mystery I figured was either a 3.5 or a 'gift' 4.0. Gambled on the 4.0 and lost.

The World of Fantasy, yeah... it's a pretty book, but a lot of things going on there for an 8.0. I said 7.5 but 7.0 wouldn't have shocked me either.

I thought 7.0/7.5

Was very happy with the 8.0. It is a sharp book that is nice and tight! :cloud9:

:applause:

I thought 7.0 all day. With the non-color breaking creases, I thought no way higher than 7.5. Of course, I should have stuck with the 3.5 on the MM. Lowered it to 3.0. Ahhh. I was feinin for a double bullyeye, now I just want one!!!

Bullyeyes are very elusive. You have to be pretty damned lucky to get one. 2c

I knew that MM was a 3.5 or a 4.0 I was just afraid it would get the GA bounce ugh and went 5.5 good grief

Bullyeyes are very elusive. You have to be pretty damned lucky to get one. 2c

I shall get a double!!!! :sumo: well, I hope so.

One :banana:

One meh

Do tell. :popcorn:

7.0 - I guess I should have checked the census - but it's not always up to date, and I would have had to coin flip between a tough 6.0 or a soft 8.0.

One :banana:

One meh

Do tell. :popcorn:

7.0 - I guess I should have checked the census - but it's not always up to date, and I would have had to coin flip between a tough 6.0 or a soft 8.0.

So, I realize there are all kinds of tools out there to help one figure out a grade, but doesn't using the census to pick your grade take away the "skill" (or lack there-of in my case :sorry:) and intention of the contest? (shrug)