• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you expect in this situation?

34 posts in this topic

Let me see if I can clarify:

If a buyer uses a credit card or wire to pay for winnings, the payment is received immediately. Per the auction requirements, all books must be on hand (in Maine I believe) prior to listing and once payment is received/clears, orders are filled.

By using a credit card/wire, you are paying an expediting fee to process your payment faster and, in return, ship your order faster. If you don't believe this, then I believe you should stop reading right now. It would seem to be common sense.

The problem I'm facing is that if I pay the "faster service fee," I wouldn't get faster service b/c the book is not in their possession.

And paying to receive a wire is nothing more than a money grab. No bank charges to receive a wire. To send one yes...but receive, no way. I've gotten many a wire and never once paid a dime to receive it.

Which is exactly what I recommended, you are looking for a credit in the wrong place.

Customer service people will have limits, so when it comes to one of their "money grab BS fees" being credited by a CS rep vs. an "out of pocket expense" that the CS rep may need to seek approval before writing off.

It's about putting your argument for consideration on more solid ground & seeking compensation where it is easiest for customer service.

(thumbs u

Their finance (cost recovery) fee on credit cards is different from their internal BS fee.

Ahhh, CLink. Home of the upcharge. I don't think you're asking too much, but when it comes to that place, I think it will be a hard-fought battle to approach them with financial logic.

I believe you are in the right - it seems that this would be a customer service issue.

Incoming Wire Transfers $17.50

Just saying from my bank

Yikes. There's absolutely nothing you bank has to do to receive a wire through the Fed. It's like charging you for a refund to your debit card.

Just saying from my bank

You're also in Canada and receiving funds from a US bank may incur currency charges.

Now if it's Canada to Canada transfer...that's a bit odd. Then again, everyone I've met from Canada is rather odd...

Just saying from my bank

You're also in Canada and receiving funds from a US bank may incur currency charges.

Now if it's Canada to Canada transfer...that's a bit odd. Then again, everyone I've met from Canada is rather odd...

Bob_and_Doug_McKenzie.jpg

Just saying from my bank

I hope it works out, my man. Either way, that's a real nice 5.5. I can see why you'd want it fast!

IMO Comic Link should cover the cost of shipping the reholdered book since the listing did not disclose the condition of the slab. If they want to recoup their costs from the seller, then that's a separate issue between those two parties. You, the buyer, shouldn't have to worry about any of that.

Just saying from my bank

Bob_and_Doug_McKenzie.jpg

:applause:

They should cover the fee. They didn't mention a need for a reholder or cracked case. It's on them in my opinion.
Yes, they bill the consignor