• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick question about arrival date stamps.

14 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Not sure about this. I'm making a big money purchase right now, but noticed that the comic has an arrival date stamped on it. Does this affect the value of the comic? If I ever wanted to resell (not likely, but still) will someone try to hustle me based on the stamp to get a lower price?

Thanks.

there are some that like them

there are some that dont mind them

there are some that don't like them

all date stamps are not created equally.

well placed ones out of the way? (thumbs u

ones set square in the middle of the cover art, or across the art? :frustrated:

there are some that like them

there are some that dont mind them

there are some that don't like them

all date stamps are not created equally.

well placed ones out of the way? (thumbs u

ones set square in the middle of the cover art, or across the art? :frustrated:

and there you go. (thumbs u

I like date stamps that are actually stamped. Grease pencil -- not a fan.

I dislike Grease Pencil also but, by definition, I don't put them in the same category as date stamp. The two are completely different. A Grease Pencil is writing. I dislike writing on the book.

As long as it's clean and unobtrusive, no effect on the grade. It happened to a lot of books, and some would argue that it adds provenance to the book. If you want a more lively debate, ask about price tags, price stickers, or prices blacked out with marker.

I love date stamps, but I wouldn't pay more with one. I imagine no one would pay less, either, they'd just outright pass on the book. And since it doesn't affect the grade, I would say that it's like landscaping for your house: doesn't add value but makes it easier to sell to the right buyer.

Not a fan personally.

Speaking of arrival dates, I was selling some books a couple weeks ago and ran into this:

19c_zps03d87ae7.jpg

19a_zpsb38324ad.jpg

Wouldnt these be really easy to get rid of? Because its on a white background so if you erase them you wont get fading?

-Kystix

Hi guys,

Not sure about this. I'm making a big money purchase right now, but noticed that the comic has an arrival date stamped on it. Does this affect the value of the comic? If I ever wanted to resell (not likely, but still) will someone try to hustle me based on the stamp to get a lower price?

Thanks.

OK, please take this in the spirit that it's meant...

You're obviously fairly new/inexperienced in the ways of the hobby. Nothing wrong with that, as we've all been there.

However, I'm not certain 'big money purchase' is necessarily the right pool to be swimming in for where you currently are? (shrug)

Hi guys,

Thanks.

OK, please take this in the spirit that it's meant...

You're obviously fairly new/inexperienced in the ways of the hobby. Nothing wrong with that, as we've all been there.

However, I'm not certain 'big money purchase' is necessarily the right pool to be swimming in for where you currently are? (shrug)

Go big or go home!! And expensive lessons are the ones that are best learned!

A shot of the stamp would help...... as said, already, placement is key.... as is size. They don't normally bother me. I'm not a big fan of names on the cover. It seems to me the Golden Age crowd is more accepting..... as many high grade pedigrees have some sort of code or marking on them. For SA and up, it's too easy to find a "clean" copy...... so a buyer may be more discerning. GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u