• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales of Suspense #39 FIRST IRONMAN - What grade?????

15 posts in this topic

Hi all I'm brand new to this board and with all the comic cgc experts I thought I would ask what kind of grade this comic would get from CGC, thanks!

actually here is the ebay website with many pictures, the back cover has a big piece missing from the corner, i don't know how cgc would grade it, let me know thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

668688-ironman1.jpg.429d3f27a5312f3e48b5d279370651db.jpg

man that missing chunk is a beetch!!!!!

i was just loving this book until that point in the BC scan. only FFB understands (or at least has himself convinced that he does - grin.gif) that Q crapola. maybe a good 2.0........

if it were mine i'd just keep it in a nice Mylar with a fullback , never look at the back cover and think of it as a nice FINE........... thumbsup2.gif

Regardless of the tear it's a sweet looking book that I would be glad to own.

Not my point thumbsup2.gif Wouldn't mind having it my self. But the book is missing about 1/10th of its back cover. Technically, without the OSGG in hand, I think that puts it at a 1.0. sumo.gif

I don't know about CGC, but YOU can give it a qualified grade, and you'd be right. I know there are those that disdain the qualified grade, and it can mean a lot of things even when used by CGC, but people used to complain about split grades before the numbering system became popular, and I find the nuances between 9.8,9.9,& 10.0 beyond comprehension, so if you think it explains the condition of the book more accurately than slavishly following the grading guidelines of others, than do so.

Even if you were looking for an unqualified grade to assign the book, I think if you sold it raw, with a scan and an explanation of the back cover, and called it a 2.0 or even a 2.5, you would have no problem finding buyers who agreed with you.

No way this book gets a qualified grade! sumo.gif

What about all your books with the corner missing? I think you put Q on those. poke2.gif

Yeah, but they're all gone now! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

No, seriously - a 3/4" square cut-out is significantly different from 1/10th of the cover missing (at least it's the back cover)

Clearly this is a FMV book = what a willing buyer wil pay. gossip.gif