• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conan the Barbarian #1

11 posts in this topic

Hi all. First post on this site. Just recently started collecting some Conan comics and was hoping to get some grading opinions. If different/better pictures are needed just let me know. Thanks in advance.

2014-07-19154204.jpg

2014-07-19154216.jpg

2014-07-19154241.jpg

2014-07-19154259.jpg

They are on the small side for grading purposes. I like the scans to be at least the size of the comic book. Having said that the book appears to be in fairly nice condition and the scans do more justice than the photos. Together they make it easier to assume a grade.

9.0 IMHO! This appears to be a really nice copy and deserves bigger scans to be more accurate.

- You have several minor spine creases

- Top edge of front cover - I can't really determine what is going on there

- TLFC is slightly blunted

- Lower staple is tufted

Welcome back to the fold. I collected Conan pinkglassesf.gif and Red Sonja flirtysmile3.gif in the seventies. Sold them to keep a car for a couple more months! :facepalm:

I think a closer image of that bottom staple will reveal quite a lot. Book may be no better than 5 if the cover is detached at bottom staple.

You were right. I feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person that I didn't even notice. A good (and expensive) lesson for me.