• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOW from Image Comics by Remender, Tocchini, et al

149 posts in this topic

#1 & 2: Slow character development. And it was worth it! #3 and #4 are great. Looking forward to #5 and future issues.

In #4 Letters, Remender said he prefers this to be a 60 issue run. :wishluck:

Agreed! This is one of my favorite reads right now.

Absolutely love this book so far! I also really enjoy the art (especially the covers!).

+1

I absolutely love this book. I think we might be witnessing the start of something special.

I think I can tell when Greg was struggling with deadlines and the art is a bit rushed (most notably, in issue 6), but for the most part I really love his art. IMO, they should just slow it down and let him work at his page to deliver the best product possible. I don't mind the wait. ;)

+1

I absolutely love this book. I think we might be witnessing the start of something special.

I think I can tell when Greg was struggling with deadlines and the art is a bit rushed (most notably, in issue 6), but for the most part I really love his art. IMO, they should just slow it down and let him work at his page to deliver the best product possible. I don't mind the wait. ;)

I love the art when it is sharp, but yeah, some pages... just a muddled wash of color and I couldn't tell what I was looking at.

Love the covers though - looking for some CGC copies of this book.

I picked up the ECCC Exclusive Hardcover too and have read the first two issues so far.

I am enjoying the story and the colors, but I do have to study the art sometimes, which can be fun. I read through a page and then study it for awhile.

I sent a best offer on a Low #1 SDCC Variant in the United Kingdom and he accepted it. I was interested to see what condition it would arrive in, and he actually put it in a fancy sleeve, ice cream sandwiched it, bubble wrapped it, bomb proofed it, so it arrived in NM+. I will probably send it in with my next sub!

Looking forward to reading the rest of the HC.

Low's TPB sales are back to where I expected them to be.

What triggered the sudden jump in Low's TPB sales last month? It probably was included in a loot crate or something similar.

On what date is #7 to be released? It is to be determined?

This book deserves more attention. This book is so good.

They have a new colorist Dave McCaig for issue 8 and going forward. I personally didn't mind Greg's colors and I don't mind Dave's. What's everyone's thoughts on the change?

I'm guessing this is an attempt to take a bit of work off of Greg's plate to speed up production a bit. I'm all for it as long as the quality of the product is not affected.

I am hoping it gets affected....as in gets better. I am a big fan of the story but HATE the coloring. Drives me bonkers.

As they say, to each his own

They have a new colorist Dave McCaig for issue 8 and going forward. I personally didn't mind Greg's colors and I don't mind Dave's. What's everyone's thoughts on the change?

Interesting. Rememder just announced in the last issue of Low that he's departing from Marvel to spend more time on his creator owned books...wonder if the decision of Tochini not coloring has anything to do with increased pace from Rick? Either way, I love Gregs colors, and I hope the book keeps the same feel. Really love this series.