• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Showcase #4

18 posts in this topic

You'll get some interest on this one. Someone more tech savvy than I should do a side by side with a Universal. I hope it isn't trimmed because its beautiful. My gut though, says the right and bottom edges look a bit off. Your best bet is to send to Matt for a pre-screen, but no harm in seeing what others say first. Awesome, awesome, awesome book either way, but one with a very high resto/universal ratio. I think over 1 out of every 3 graded comes back purple.

It looks like some color differentiation to the SW of the word presenting on the fc. Also, after gazing at the 8.0 on Comiclink ($47k ask) the right edge on this does appear a little short. I don't have the book in hand though and please make no mistake. You have a great copy regardless and it needs pre-screened for sure. Plenty of fan-boys lining up to buy this even if it comes back purple. The scarcest of the SA keys in any label, any grade. Thanks for sharing!!

It looks like some color differentiation to the SW of the word presenting on the fc. Also, after gazing at the 8.0 on Comiclink ($47k ask) the right edge on this does appear a little short. I don't have the book in hand though and please make no mistake. You have a great copy regardless and it needs pre-screened for sure. Plenty of fan-boys lining up to buy this even if it comes back purple. The scarcest of the SA keys in any label, any grade. Thanks for sharing!!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the color touch - unless my eyes are mistaken I see color touch on the blue of the S, H, W, and C of "SHOWCASE", as well as elsewhere on the book. A color touched Showcase #4 is still a Showcase #4 though, so still a sweet book!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the color touch - unless my eyes are mistaken I see color touch on the blue of the S, H, W, and C of "SHOWCASE", as well as elsewhere on the book. A color touched Showcase #4 is still a Showcase #4 though, so still a sweet book!

Agree (thumbs u

It's not totally clear from a scan that the uneven blue in the logo and the cropped right edge are "restoration" or just printing anomalies. It certainly looks possible that work was performed but I'd have someone look at it who knows restoration, wether you plan on slabbing or not. Personally I'd leave it raw.

It's not totally clear from a scan that the uneven blue in the logo and the cropped right edge are "restoration" or just printing anomalies. It certainly looks possible that work was performed but I'd have someone look at it who knows restoration, wether you plan on slabbing or not. Personally I'd leave it raw.

It's definitely restored. This was on ebay a bit back and the seller disclosed the restoration. Still a fabulous book obviously. (worship)

-J.