• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

restoration question

6 posts in this topic

Typically with missing pages a donor book is sought and the pages are married. Interior pages that are partially missing can have the pieces replaced and art is redrawn.

Typically with missing pages a donor book is sought and the pages are married. Interior pages that are partially missing can have the pieces replaced and art is redrawn.

okay thanks that was the answer I was looking for

(thumbs u

To be clear, for it to make any financial sense to marry pages to a book (and take pages out of a second copy), it needs to be a book that has a good amount of value to begin with even in an incomplete/low-grade state. Outside of tougher Golden Age books or silver age megakeys, it's hard to think of too many instances where it makes sense.

(thumbs u

To be clear, for it to make any financial sense to marry pages to a book (and take pages out of a second copy), it needs to be a book that has a good amount of value to begin with even in an incomplete/low-grade state. Outside of tougher Golden Age books or silver age megakeys, it's hard to think of too many instances where it makes sense.

the comic book that I'm thinking of is bat #4 and action comics 15

So you have incomplete copies of Batman #4 and Action #15? That's cool.

What is each book missing?

The trick is that even coverless or incomplete copies of those books will likely sell in the hundreds of dollars. It can be a long quest to find a different copy with the right combination of the pages you need, plus decent page quality and affordability.

(And funny enough, I own a coverless and incomplete Action #15 myself, so I know of what I speak!)