• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

Was the ask on the Church >$1 mil, Gator? It has to be close to the $1 mil+ the 8.0 sold for. If you don't mind sharing, of course. If not, I certainly understand.

This was years ago. I'd have to ask crowzilla for the details. But at the time it was sub 1mil but no comic had sold for a mil yet.

I had heard it was around 8.0 when it sold over 20 years ago, but Robs site says 8.5 was quoted to him.

http://itsalljustcomics.com/the-most-valuable-comic-books-in-the-world/

Back in 2009? I believe it was stated to be 7.5 maybe 8.0. This was when the owner was considering selling. (Not sure if he is still actively considering or not)

Was the ask on the Church >$1 mil, Gator? It has to be close to the $1 mil+ the 8.0 sold for. If you don't mind sharing, of course. If not, I certainly understand.

This was years ago. I'd have to ask crowzilla for the details. But at the time it was sub 1mil but no comic had sold for a mil yet.

Thanks, bud. BTW that post on the symbiotic thread where you are handing the guy the GL 85 in the park is my nominee for post of the month, with the one where RMA gets storypeppers to call him Perry Mason a close 2nd. The stuff of legends. Great work, Sir.

Just an FYI - the Lost Valley Detective 27 was beautiful, EXCEPT for the missing coupon on the back cover, which took it to a CGC 2.5. Sold for $34,500 in August, 2003 - what do we think it would go for now?

Good old Johnson Smith Co. What self respecting comic fan didn't at least send in a catalog request? Wish I still had my old ones.

That is a great looking copy otherwise.

Just an FYI - the Lost Valley Detective 27 was beautiful, EXCEPT for the missing coupon on the back cover, which took it to a CGC 2.5. Sold for $34,500 in August, 2003 - what do we think it would go for now?

Good old Johnson Smith Co. What self respecting comic fan didn't at least send in a catalog request? Wish I still had my old ones.

Yeah, that was a 500k squirt ring he bought. lol

Yeah, that was a 500k squirt ring he bought. lol

Not at the time...but, yeah. lollol

Probably in the low to mid $200K range, maybe a bit better because front cover appeal is nice for the grade.

I think the Church #27 was available for $400K a few years ago (meaning less than the last decade).

Based on what I've read, and after getting a better view of the book, I'm raising the Blazincomics over/under on the final purchase price from 2.45 mill to $2,675,000. This is not based on any science or formula. Just for fun and speculation. Here's the poll:

If history has shown anything with Pristine Comics...the ask price is going to be astronomical.

Unless it's a true auction I think he might just go with a fixed price like he did for all his other uber high grade keys.

I could be wrong.