• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

I'm worried about shilling...

All bidders have to be approved by the seller. Don't worry about shilling, neither Curt nor on eBay.

I actually like how paypal is not an option here.

I'm worried about shilling...

All bidders have to be approved by the seller. Don't worry about shilling, neither Curt nor on eBay.

I actually like how paypal is not an option here.

but however will I use the Bill Me Later option then? :D

Imagine if he shilled it and that was the high bid-then what

It's just not feasible with something this high profile

How do you pre qualify a fictitious person for 3 mil?

The only downside that this auction has is the ability for bidder sniping. I still believe that Heritage or ComicConnect would have been a better option. With those two, the bidding ends once the bidders are no longer interested in pursuing the item any more. With eBay, the auction ends and the bidders are basically button humping at the end to outbid the other before the bell strikes. That is why I said $2.7m as a conservative number.

The only other option is that both bidders throw in a sky is the limit bid at the last second which makes it skyrocket but I do not see that happening for some reason.

The only downside that this auction has is the ability for bidder sniping. I still believe that Heritage or ComicConnect would have been a better option. With those two, the bidding ends once the bidders are no longer interested in pursuing the item any more. With eBay, the auction ends and the bidders are basically button humping at the end to outbid the other before the bell strikes. That is why I said $2.7m as a conservative number.

The only other option is that both bidders throw in a sky is the limit bid at the last second which makes it skyrocket but I do not see that happening for some reason.

can't they just put in a maximum bid and let autobidding do their.. ahem... bidding?

can't they just put in a maximum bid and let autobidding do their.. ahem... bidding?

Everyone likes to think that the eBay model is fine and dandy. The Heritage and ComicConnect auctions let the bidders determine what the value and the final price will be not the clock.

This is where being a columbian drug lord would come in handy. Perfect way to rinse some money.

Playing all the lotteries in my town. 20 million$ jackpot. If I win I know where 5million is going

Everyone likes to think that the eBay model is fine and dandy. The Heritage and ComicConnect auctions let the bidders determine what the value and the final price will be not the clock.

That makes sense. It's the type of auction where every new bid rolls back the clock? I'm surprised eBay doesn't use that system. Anything to milk that extra bid.

The Heritage and ComicConnect auctions let the bidders determine what the value and the final price will be not the clock.

I prefer the clock decide on this one. Time to get down & dirty if ya want the best available copy in existence. Go big or go home. :popcorn:

The Heritage and ComicConnect auctions let the bidders determine what the value and the final price will be not the clock.

I prefer the clock decide on this one. Time to get down & dirty if ya want the best available copy in existence. Go big or go home. :popcorn:

That could be the advantage to this style of auction. You have no choice but to put all your chips in before the clock runs out.