• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

At the end of the day you can't seriously compare a book printed in 1450 to a comic book except to say they were both reading materials on paper.

...and that they're both . Don't forget that.

Peace,

Chip

well that could be genuinely offensive to a lot of people. I'll leave that one to you.

Didnt think comments like that were even allowed on these boards. Oh well, certainly not a subject worth arguing about. That will be a tough one to find out the truth about some day lol

I am amazed that a comment like Chip's could bother people's sensibilities when one considers on another hand how women are so casually objectified on this board.

Laughing at a bunch of dimwits who think a painting of spider-woman's azz on a magazine marketed to adults is something to set their hair on fire about is not 'objectifying women'. It is objectifying dimwits.

At the end of the day you can't seriously compare a book printed in 1450 to a comic book except to say they were both reading materials on paper.

Peace,

Chip

well that could be genuinely offensive to a lot of people. I'll leave that one to you.

Didnt think comments like that were even allowed on these boards. Oh well, certainly not a subject worth arguing about. That will be a tough one to find out the truth about some day lol

I am amazed that a comment like Chip's could bother people's sensibilities when one considers on another hand how women are so casually objectified on this board.

Laughing at a bunch of dimwits who think a painting of spider-woman's azz on a magazine marketed to adults is something to set their hair on fire about is not 'objectifying women'. It is objectifying dimwits.

trop bien monsieur (thumbs u

Peace,

Chip

lol

#TT

celeb28_zps13fdd657.jpg

Action1Couple_zpsec25d3e1.jpg

I wonder when the "best of the best" Pez dispensers, bottle caps, duck decoys, fishing lures or marbles come up for sale, whether collectors in those hobbies speculate about which hip-hop mogul or billionaire oligarch is going to take down that special fishing lure or rare Pez dispenser and how many digits are going to be in the final price. Or is it just a comics thing? hm

I wonder when the "best of the best" Pez dispensers, bottle caps, duck decoys, fishing lures or marbles come up for sale, whether collectors in those hobbies speculate about which hip-hop mogul or billionaire oligarch is going to take down that special fishing lure or rare Pez dispenser and how many digits are going to be in the final price. Or is it just a comics thing? hm

Its actually not just a comics thing.

I am on a 'vintage' video game board and they were talking about Eminem buying stuff there too :insane: Not kidding! As Eminem has some retro game stuff in one of his videos and is known to collect (likely in precisely the very loose way he is known to collect comics). Its harmless if misguided speculation.

Btw, the doom and gloom, the bubble will burst, etc threads are all the rage over there too. 2006 Gene would have been right at home there :baiting::insane:

Its actually not just a comics thing.

I am on a 'vintage' video game board and they were talking about Eminem buying stuff there too :insane: Not kidding! As Eminem has some retro game stuff in one of his videos and is known to collect (likely in precisely the very loose way he is known to collect comics). Its harmless if misguided speculation.

Btw, the doom and gloom, the bubble will burst, etc threads are all the rage over there too. 2006 Gene would have been right at home there :baiting::insane:

So would 2007-present day (and likely well into the future) Gene.

celeb28_zps13fdd657.jpg

Action1Couple_zpsec25d3e1.jpg

Comics are connected to Hollywood big-time now,while Pez dispensers, bottle caps, duck decoys, fishing lures or marbles will never get a sniff of Hollywood money and magic.

Yep, it`s a comic book thing, but I could see video games to some extant in the future crashing the party.

:whistle:

I can`t think of something that was originally worth under $50 dollars that then sold for 3 million plus dollars.

US coins:

1794 dollar, 1804 dollar, 1913 Liberty nickel, 1873-CC No Arrows dime, 1870-S half dime, 1870-S $3 gold, 1822 $5 gold, 1825/4 $5 gold , 1933 $20, 1787 Brasher Doubloon ($16), 1907 $20 UHR (SG)

All sorts...

I can`t think of something that was originally worth under $50 dollars that then sold for 3 million plus dollars.

US coins:

1794 dollar, 1804 dollar, 1913 Liberty nickel, 1873-CC No Arrows dime, 1870-S half dime, 1870-S $3 gold, 1822 $5 gold, 1825/4 $5 gold , 1933 $20, 1787 Brasher Doubloon ($16), 1907 $20 UHR (SG)

All sorts...

Thanks.

Btw, the doom and gloom, the bubble will burst, etc threads are all the rage over there too. 2006 2003 Gene would have been right at home there :baiting::insane:

Fixed that for ya. 2006 Gene was having way too much fun to be down about anything. :banana:

Btw, the doom and gloom, the bubble will burst, etc threads are all the rage over there too. 2006 2003 Gene would have been right at home there :baiting::insane:

Fixed that for ya. 2006 Gene was having way too much fun to be down about anything. :banana:

You know this is about 1 degree of separation away from Brulato's legendary post? :insane: Just sayin' ;)

I am on a 'vintage' video game board and they were talking about Eminem buying stuff there too :insane: Not kidding!

Atari Age?

Peace,

Chip

nintendoage. Atari Age is for geezers ! :banana:

Hey! I like Atari! I wired a conversion box to play it on a modern flat screen tv; 8 bit Donkey Kong never looked better! lol

I am on a 'vintage' video game board and they were talking about Eminem buying stuff there too :insane: Not kidding!

Atari Age?

Peace,

Chip

Hey! I like Atari! I wired a conversion box to play it on a modern flat screen tv; 8 bit Donkey Kong never looked better! lol

Yes! Its good to keep an active mind as one starts to age ! :banana:

:jokealert:

Atari Age?

Peace,

Chip

:preach:lol

Atari Age?

Peace,

Chip

C64 Age.

Karateka_Coverart.png

Atari Age?

Peace,

Chip

lol thanks for being a good sport ;)

Atari Age?

Peace,

Chip

lol thanks for being a good sport ;)

It's almost impossible to offend me, epecially on a funny book forum! Anyways, I like all you guys :foryou: