• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

Should press to a 9.2

lol Yep, there's no stopping this book: 8.0 > 8.5 > 9.0 > 9.2? ... It just gets younger the more time passes -- it's the Benjamin Button of comics!

It never went from 8.0 to 8.5. It went direct to 9.0.

Sorry peter, that's Incorrect

Should press to a 9.2

lol Yep, there's no stopping this book: 8.0 > 8.5 > 9.0 > 9.2? ... It just gets younger the more time passes -- it's the Benjamin Button of comics!

It never went from 8.0 to 8.5. It went direct to 9.0.

Sorry peter, that's Incorrect

Missed that. Thanks Rick .

I've seen where Stephen confirmed he bought the book but he didn't mention/clarify if he bought for himself or for metropolis. Time will tell, I guess.

It's already in GPA which is cool.

It was fun to watch last night and tell my wife and kids about it. My wife pretended to be interested. lol

My kids not so much. :)

It will be interesting to see what happens with Metro and the book. I think it would be smart to hold it and auction it off around the next Superman movie.

Plus, one nice thing out of this sale is the Christopher Reeves foundation got about $32k donated to them.

Comic Connect/Metropolis wont be able to claim the world record now after this

This just in, Vinnie and Fish on suicide watch :news:

Classy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up getting involved in the purchase of this book (not necessarily for themselves, but on behalf of a client) to claim a piece of the action.

:banana:

I was giving updates to my wife. At some point she said why the hell do you care and more importantly why the hell do you think I care.

My wife had more of the attitude of "That is stupid to pay that kind of money for a comic book".

Comic Connect/Metropolis wont be able to claim the world record now after this

This just in, Vinnie and Fish on suicide watch :news:

Classy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up getting involved in the purchase of this book (not necessarily for themselves, but on behalf of a client) to claim a piece of the action.

:banana:

Good call. (thumbs u

With Metropolis winning it shows me that the high end golden age market is being controlled by a few big players who can set prices.

Am I wrong with this thought process?

An example is Metropolis and their auction site are at the top of this food chain

with a few others(Steve Geppi, James Halperin,and Robert Overstreet) we know of who basically are either going to get the price they want for these high end golden age comics or come close.

Any thoughts on this?

eh...why would that be?

If a wealthy private collector wanted to pay more for the book, I could see them easily outbidding the auction houses.

Frankly, I'm surprised this didn't go directly to a hedge fund manager or someone of their ilk whose art and investment tastes usually run to rare watercolors, cars and/or wine.

eh...why would that be?

If a wealthy private collector wanted to pay more for the book, I could see them easily outbidding the auction houses.

Frankly, I'm surprised this didn't go directly to a hedge fund manager or someone of their ilk whose art and investment tastes usually run to rare watercolors, cars and/or wine.

An example will be when Metropolis will resell this in a year or two for a new record breaking price. :o

rinse, repeat.

I am not saying it`s bad or unethical, but I am seeing a pattern.