• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Second Action 1 9.0 to hit the census

723 posts in this topic

For Mitch's sake, I hope this isn't a newly uncovered copy.

Poor guy will probably have a nervous breakdown since he proclaimed that no new high grade copies would ever be discovered again.

Might be the first prediction he's ever gotten incorrect.

:roflmao:

Wouldn't it be even more hilarious if this turns out to be "his" copy from back in the day?

Does anyone know if there are any universal copies of Action Comics #1, besides this 9.0 copy, to have received the WHITE PAGES designation?
this is the only white pager of the 2 9.0s. I'm not sure the KC 8.0 pq either

Does anyone know if there are any universal copies of Action Comics #1, besides this 9.0 copy, to have received the WHITE PAGES designation?
this is the only white pager of the 2 9.0s. I'm not sure the KC 8.0 pq either

KC was off-white.

The 8.0 Kansas City copy has OFF-WHITE.

The 8.5 copy has OFF-WHITE to WHITE.

The first 9.0 copy has CREAM to OFF-WHITE.

The new 9.0 copy has WHITE.

It could be argued that the 8.5 presents better than the first 9.0 -- and it did have better PQ. Compare the 8.0 to the new 9.0 and you see a world of difference.

If the 8.0 was a $1,000,000 four years ago...

Is it that outlandish to think the new 9.0, with WHITE pages could be a $3,000,000 in 2014?

A1_zpsd2f91fa3.jpg

A2_zpsde0c6a23.jpg

A3_zps680cea37.jpg

A4_zps1c4b6a34.jpg

I only recall seeing one other, a 2.5 that sold on ComicConnect in 2009:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=302311

That is one bright, vibrant 2.5. (worship)

The white on the front cover looks just a bit too white to me as it is almost blinding; probably due to scanner or scanner setting used at the time (although I think the scans on ComicConnect are typically fairly representative of the book in question, so I'm sure it wasn't scanned like that intentionally). That's said, from the looks of it, I'm sure that even if the brightness was toned down a bit, it would still have quite rich and vibrant colors.

It is really tough to compare the richness of colors between books unless both in hand or both scanned on the same scanner at the same time. I've noticed that certain boardies have the colors amped up on their scanners a bit more than others - you can tell to some degree by comparing the labels between various scans how much the brightness and colors are amped up...

It is really tough to compare the richness of colors between books unless both in hand or both scanned on the same scanner at the same time. I've noticed that certain boardies have the colors amped up on their scanners a bit more than others - you can tell to some degree by comparing the labels between various scans how much the brightness and colors are amped up...

It's immensely frustrating to get a book in the mail that looks quite different to the scan.

You're right, the label is generally a give away. The bar across the top isn't that dark in-hand. At least it isn't on the ones I have.

It generally comes down to the software of the scanner, or if someone has *cough* used Photoshop to enhance the colors.

actually the new 9.0 we are seeing isn't even a scan of the book. Its a scan that was sent to a printer, printed quickly with little quality control, THEN shot with a phone or digital camera. its pixels are all messed up, experiencing severe trauma!

actually the new 9.0 we are seeing isn't even a scan of the book. Its a scan that was sent to a printer, printed quickly with little quality control, THEN shot with a phone or digital camera. its pixels are all messed up, experiencing severe trauma!

^^

Grader Notes:

Bottom Back Cover Small Lite Stain

Bottom Back Cover Small Tear

Bottom Spine Bindary Tear

Left Center Back Cover Small Tear

Top Spine Bindary Tear

Top Staple Small Multiple Tear

I made the mistake of checking out the General thread about this book. That was 20 IQ points I lost that I'll never get back.

yea, It pained me the ignorance flying free, my favorite part was someone comparing this book to GI joe #21... :D