• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help the Midway Drive-In in Minetto, NY- Comic Sale Fundraiser

36 posts in this topic

I'm on kind of a night shift this summer, so I woke up to see everyone's generosity. Thank you. Now let's continue on with some more comics...

Champions #1 Fine $10

Typical wear associated with grade but still looks sharp and is structurally good.

Champions_zpsca095107.jpg

photo118_zps74a49bdc.jpg

Captain America #107 VG/FN $10

Page quality is still good but cover has tanning and then there's that tiny top right corner piece gone. Too bad....rest of it's 7.0 ish.

CA107_zps1996700e.jpg

photo119_zps0a18aadb.jpg

Shadroch, thank you so much. This means a lot. And while I'm sort of a townie (I grew up about 25 minutes away from Oswego) I did my undergrad and Master's at Oswego. When did you attend?

I didn't. I went to school in Rochester but had friends that went to Oswego.

I remember a rugby game where it was so windy that a kick ended up behind the point it was kicked from. This was from 78-83 or so, as I also was stationed in Webster for awhile, with the 98th.

Yeah, the wind there in the fall is special. I went from 96-00 for undergrad and 04-06 for Master's. I remember two very specific weather moments. The time they canceled class because the wind tore the door off of the hinges on top of a roof and it floated in the air before hitting a student. And then there was the amazing time we go (and this is not hyperbole) close to 10 feet of snow in a 60 hour period...complete state of emergency and class was canceled for three days.

X-Men #51 VF AUCTION

Classic Steranko cover here for the X-Men. This is a beautiful VF copy with gloss, color and just a tiny bit of spine wear (it might be a touch better than VF.) Beautiful book.

For this one, let's go out on a limb and do this auction style. Please bid on this thread in at least $1 increments, but it can be any that you want more than that. If it reaches $50 or more, I'll kick in the shipping. Otherwise, it's $6 like the others on the thread. I WILL CLOSE THIS AUCTION AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT (7/24) CENTRAL TIME. So you will have today only to bid. I don't normally do auctions, so let's hope this will get some interest and remember it's a nice book and all the money goes to the Midway.

STARTING BID IS $1

photo27_zps21ec2c62.jpg

photo17_zpsbc88bc03.jpg

Fond memories of drive-ins as my small hometown had one for many years. I drove a 1960 Mercury that was large enough that we drove in with two couples in both the front and back seat. not much space for spooning though. lol

Start the bidding at $25

$30

$150 mystery box-Paypal the OP when he messages me its paid I ship in the US and cover first $15 international. Being this is the SA area-box will contain SA Marvels and other items.

:takeit:

My home town of Rome, NY just closed their drive-in this year. I had many fond memories there when I was a child, so this is something I can definitely get behind.

I partied a few times in Oswego, NY...but I have no memories of that. ;)

Best of luck!

Peace,

Chip

$150 mystery box-Paypal the OP when he messages me its paid I ship in the US and cover first $15 international. Being this is the SA area-box will contain SA Marvels and other items.

:takeit:

My home town of Rome, NY just closed their drive-in this year. I had many fond memories there when I was a child, so this is something I can definitely get behind.

I partied a few times in Oswego, NY...but I have no memories of that. ;)

Best of luck!

Peace,

Chip

Look at this guy paying it forward! Nice job Chip!

X-Men #78, Human Torch #1, Captain America #107 and Champions #1 are all $10 each. Would anyone take all 4 plus $20 in mystery comics for $50 plus shipping? Then I can add more through the weekend.

$35 on the X-Men 51

X-Men #51 VF AUCTION

Classic Steranko cover here for the X-Men. This is a beautiful VF copy with gloss, color and just a tiny bit of spine wear (it might be a touch better than VF.) Beautiful book.

For this one, let's go out on a limb and do this auction style. Please bid on this thread in at least $1 increments, but it can be any that you want more than that. If it reaches $50 or more, I'll kick in the shipping. Otherwise, it's $6 like the others on the thread. I WILL CLOSE THIS AUCTION AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT (7/24) CENTRAL TIME. So you will have today only to bid. I don't normally do auctions, so let's hope this will get some interest and remember it's a nice book and all the money goes to the Midway.

STARTING BID IS $1

photo27_zps21ec2c62.jpg

photo17_zpsbc88bc03.jpg

X-Men #78, Human Torch #1, Captain America #107 and Champions #1 are all $10 each. Would anyone take all 4 plus $20 in mystery comics for $50 plus shipping? Then I can add more through the weekend.

I can do that. :takeit:

$35 on the X-Men 51

X-Men #51 VF AUCTION

STARTING BID IS $1

photo27_zps21ec2c62.jpg

photo17_zpsbc88bc03.jpg

i'll go $38

I'll be sending invoices this weekend and perhaps adding more to the fundraising. So far, we've had $325 in sales to go to the Midway. That's awesome! Thanks those who participated. As I said, I may add more later.