• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet 44 overview

71 posts in this topic

I looked and surprised I didn't see one of these threads.

Congrats to Jeff Cerrito (Hotflips) for being inducted into the 2014 OS advisory class!

:applause:

I flipped through it, the market report articles were informative.

The gatefold ads seem to be new. It was cool to see representation of the other grading company (that shall not be named - run by SB).

The alternative Hero Initiative guide cover by Herb Trimpe was less than to be desired (and I thought his early work was bad, I mean DAMN!)

I'll hide it in case you just had breakfast...

148811.jpg

So what did you like / didn't like? What cover did you get? What was your fav Market report? What prices surprised you? etc...

Not one of Trimpe's best efforts for sure, but I liked his work on The Hulk back in the day- especially with Severin on inks. Trimpe's Hulk covers were some of the most compositionally dynamic of the era.

Not one of Trimpe's best efforts for sure, but I liked his work on The Hulk back in the day- especially with Severin on inks. Trimpe's Hulk covers were some of the most compositionally dynamic of the era.

+1

I loved Marie Severin's Hulk run so it was hard for me to get used to Trimpe's style. But he grew on me over time. I agree with the Trimpe cover art point mentioned above.

Interested in hearing what the market reports are like.

Overall, the "informativeness" of them has diminished in recent years. Some are bare bones and really don't say anything useful at all.

There is just so much information already out there -- on these boards and others, on eBay -- that it's pretty easy for people to see trends. Back in the day, it was a lot more difficult, and those market reports were crucial.

I got the Batman cover. Only skimmed the market reports so far but it looks like business as usual: maybe a third thoughtful and well written, a third touting a dealer's big sales and a third that sound like they're trying to move product, along the lines of "Late 70s Gold Key Porky Pig is in constant demand!"

Overall, the "informativeness" of them has diminished in recent years. Some are bare bones and really don't say anything useful at all.

-Westerns are hot!!! As are Funny Animal books.

-Classics Illustrated continues to sell briskly in all grades.

-Westerns are hot!!! As are Funny Animal books.

-Classics Illustrated continues to sell briskly in all grades.

lol:makepoint: