• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic-Con: Stan Lee Abruptly Cancels Appearance

126 posts in this topic

WHY does Stan need his voice merely to sign comics????

At 91, Stan gets out and does more than you and I put together.

Glass houses? hm

He is a very busy man and late in his years. Regardless of what we think of his business practices, he seems like a nice guy. Health is no joke at that age.

Ok I called Ditko and said dude stop being a dillrod and go sign autographs for all the people who appreciate your work. 40 years of butthurt is way too long, man.

Guy is 92. My Grandmother turns 94 in November. I wish all she had to deal with was some laryngitis. Stan is a powerhouse.

Simply amazing. I can only hope to have that energy and be in such good health at that point let alone make it to 92.

Simply amazing. I can only hope to have that energy and be in such good health at that point let alone make it to 92.

I'm not even gonna bother hoping for that kind of longevity. If I make it to 70 I'll be over the moon.

Paging Steve Ditko-this is your chance to step in and rehabilitate your image.

What is wrong with his image?

Definitely not a thing.

From that video when Neil Gaiman gets to interview him privately, and comes out all teary-eyed, even the big names worship Ditko.

WHY does Stan need his voice merely to sign comics????

Cause he needs his voice to say hello and something nice to all the people coming over ya

Huh. I never been but one guy posted that he kept his head down the whole time, didn't say a word, and at the end when his handlers nudged him said 'are we done?'

I saw him in Dallas a couple of years ago. They put a table in front of the table he was signing on so fans couldn't reach him to shake his hand. They said he used to shake hands with everybody but he had a couple that squeezed too hard so they started doing this. I spent a lot of time in the area and I am confident that he spoke to everyone in line. It was during this time that I formulated the theory that he might be a vampire. It was amazing to see him feed off of the energy of his fans!

A reclusive person talking about a (famous) reclusive artist needing to change his image?

A reclusive person talking about a (famous) reclusive artist needing to change his image?

I dont have fans

And I still do free drawings whenever asked

I can't believe he has the stamina to do all that he does. I hope he gets well soon.

I can't either. Even if you're not a fan, make it a point to try to see him at a show. And I do mean see him, just lay eyes on him and see how he is and how he interacts. He has incredible stores of energy for a man a third of his age, but to still have that at 91!?!?! Wow…it's just amazing.

Definitely not a thing.

From that video when Neil Gaiman gets to interview him privately, and comes out all teary-eyed, even the big names worship Ditko.

Yeah, I am insanely jealous. I have to settle for letters, but he is incredibly engaging and interesting.