• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic-Con: Stan Lee Abruptly Cancels Appearance

126 posts in this topic

Hey if I'm wrong I apologize

Everything I've ever read about him is he doesnt want anyone talking to him, doesnt do sketches or autographs, uses OA pages for cutting boards etc and is generally anti social

Surely I'm not the only one who has read this stuff???

Paging Steve Ditko-this is your chance to step in and rehabilitate your image.

What is wrong with his image?

A reclusive person talking about a (famous) reclusive artist needing to change his image?

I dont have fans

And I still do free drawings whenever asked

Oh…that's it. He doesn't dance like a monkey on a string for you. He does what he wants to do rather than what you want him to do and his rejections are far more polite than the "fans" that treat him like he owes them something.

What's the name of his last published work and when did it come out?

Ok I retract everything I said and please blame the various blogs I was citing

Has anyone read that stuff though? I'm not psychotic, right? Everything I've ever read on Ditko is he's angry and anti social

I know this is not my day

Might as well lob some Dave Cockram zingers...

:sorry:

Has anyone read that stuff though? I'm not psychotic, right? Everything I've ever read on Ditko is he's angry and anti social

I would be too if I had to deal with a fraction of the entitled fans who think creators owe them the world because they bought a copy of their comic. I would have the worst reputation as a comics professional if I were one.

I would be too if I had to deal with a fraction of the entitled fans who think creators owe them the world because they bought a copy of their comic. I would have the worst reputation as a comics professional if I were one.

Sean Phillips doesn't do that

I know this is not my day

Might as well lob some Dave Cockram zingers...

:sorry:

Any relation to Dave Cockrum?

:baiting:

Dang first Steve Borack now this

That's it. I can't imagine what that must be like, although, I'm sure it has slacked off. I have to hand it to him, though, he writes the nicest, most polite rejection letters for autographs of anyone I have ever seen!

I am going to take a walk. Kav you watch the internet while I am gone. It's your responsibility now.

ok

:popcorn:

That's it. I can't imagine what that must be like, although, I'm sure it has slacked off. I have to hand it to him, though, he writes the nicest, most polite rejection letters for autographs of anyone I have ever seen!

My letter from Dick Cheney was just three words long and none of them were his name.

25blan_CA1.600.jpg

The vice president told me to go blank myself!