• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What a deal on a Bat 1......

21 posts in this topic

7 bidders willing to go stupid on this book - I have to believe some of them were pumping it up with no intention of paying in order to save an ignorant buyer from a mistake.

I cannot see the pics on my phone. He seems to say in text it's legit. Is it a reprint?

It's the first edition reprint. It's oversized, and missing the additional building on the lower left spine and corner by batman's and Robin's feet.

and no where in his listing does he EVER use the word "reprint" even though that is what it is...

You-Stay-Classy-San-Diego-Anchorman.gif

He does use the word "oversized" in the title. That's a pretty big hint. I could also tell that there were 3 staples, but I/we know what we're looking for and I guess a lot of newbies still need to learn lessons the hard way.

and no where in his listing does he EVER use the word "reprint" even though that is what it is...

You-Stay-Classy-San-Diego-Anchorman.gif

He does use the word "oversized" in the title. That's a pretty big hint. I could also tell that there were 3 staples, but I/we know what we're looking for and I guess a lot of newbies still need to learn lessons the hard way.

Yeah, but it's not nearly enough.. a rich newb could easily think that there are some size differences between GA, SA, and moderns, so this one is just a bigger size like many GAs were.

Definitely trying to make someone fall in... an someone did.

I emailed this seller telling them it was a famous first and the listing was misleading and should be changed this was their response:

"As I knew very little about this book when listed other than it was bigger than the original I have had many comments you say 1976 others say 1974. I have passed on all info to the high bidder.

Pixie"

So they notified the high bidder three days before it ended and then left the listing unchanged. They didn't even post my question to the listing.

I emailed this seller telling them it was a famous first and the listing was misleading and should be changed this was their response:

"As I knew very little about this book when listed other than it was bigger than the original I have had many comments you say 1976 others say 1974. I have passed on all info to the high bidder.

Pixie"

So they notified the high bidder three days before it ended and then left the listing unchanged. They didn't even post my question to the listing.

Pleading ignorance...

I don't buy it for a second.