• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanted: Romita Jr Amazing Spidey covers from the 80's

16 posts in this topic

Hi, all:

I am seeking Romita Jr ASM covers from his 1st run on the title. If you have any for sale or know someone who does, please contact me.

I will pay a $1,000 finder's fee leading to a purchase.

Kind Regards,

-Yoram

As a matter of interest, what's this cover's likely FMV?

I remember it being on Mike Burkey's site, but I don't think the (then) asking price was anywhere near the $29,000 Steve Donnelly is pricing the cover at.

Also, Steve reckons the inks are by Romita Snr. Grand Comics Database lists it as being Milgrom . . .

Are you talking about the ASM239 cover which will be on sale on Comiclink later this month?

Not sure of the issue number, off the top of my head, but it's the one where the Red Ghost and his apes are in the glow of the spider-signal (No Spidey in the art). Nice cover.

I would be SHOCKED if that cover sold at auction for more than $15k. Unless, of course, you've been holding out for an ASM cover with apes on it. Then it's a must-have.

Apes are 'in' at the moment . . . definitely on the rise. ;)

Hiya, folks:

The search continues...

Hi, all:

I am seeking Romita Jr ASM covers from his 1st run on the title. If you have any for sale or know someone who does, please contact me.

Kind Regards,

-Yoram

Hiya, folks:

The search continues...

Hi, all:

Kind Regards,

-Yoram

What happened to our apes discussion? (shrug)