• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

London Super Comic Convention 14th & 15th March 2015

381 posts in this topic

Looking into plane tickets tonight.

Prolly should check out Scotland and Ireland while I'm there, no? hm

Do you have the time?

:shy:

Thinking of arriving earlier, maybe stretching the trip to 12 days. Was thinking about flying into Ireland, look around for a day or two, then take the ferry to England, train to wherever, look around England, go to the show, train to France and then fly back to Canada.

Sound silly?

Do you have the time?

Thinking of arriving earlier, maybe stretching the trip to 12 days. Was thinking about flying into Ireland, look around for a day or two, then take the ferry to England, train to wherever, look around England, go to the show, train to France and then fly back to Canada.

Sound silly?

Sounds like a dream trip Andy. You deserve it and those English blokes would enjoy meeting you.

Do you have the time?

Sound silly?

Go for it. It'll be good to meet you, Andy. :applause:

Do you have the time?

Yep, it's 10:46 right now...

Damn - my egg boiled over!

Do you have the time?

Sound silly?

Sounds good to me.

Do you have the time?

Sound silly?

Sounds like a dream trip Andy. You deserve it and those English blokes would enjoy meeting you.

This.

Do you have the time?

Sound silly?

This.

Agreed :applause:

Okay. Doing my best. (thumbs u

Will have family in tow as well. Hope you like beautiful girls and cute kids, too. ;)

Do you have room for a stowaway or two?

Any recommendations on where to stay in London? Hotel, B&B, Vacation rental by owner? It will be my family of 4.

I will be staying at Aster House B&B by the South Kensington Underground Station, but it appears that they do not have a room that can accommodate four guests. I would try airbnb and rent an apartment with two bedrooms. I have used airbnb when attending New York Comicon and was able to stay longer in Manhattan for less money.

Plan ahead and purchase your Britrail passes in Canada before arriving. Spur of the moment Britrail tickets are expensive. Additionally, if you are planning to take the EuroStar to Paris, you can save plenty of money by purchasing your rail tickets early.

The London Super Comic Con takes place at the Excel Centre in East London, so if you stay in the center of London, it will be some time to get to the convention.

Any recommendations on where to stay in London? Hotel, B&B, Vacation rental by owner? It will be my family of 4.

I will be staying at Aster House B&B by the South Kensington Underground Station, but it appears that they do not have a room that can accommodate four guests. I would try airbnb and rent an apartment with two bedrooms. I have used airbnb when attending New York Comicon and was able to stay longer in Manhattan for less money.

Plan ahead and purchase your Britrail passes in Canada before arriving. Spur of the moment Britrail tickets are expensive. Additionally, if you are planning to take the EuroStar to Paris, you can save plenty of money by purchasing your rail tickets early.

The London Super Comic Con takes place at the Excel Centre in East London, so if you stay in the center of London, it will be some time to get to the convention.

Thank you very much! Not too many cheap options at this point, are there..... :eek:

Still looking. Will probably book everything on Monday or Tuesday. (thumbs u

Is there going to be an organized get together of any sort? I would love to meet everyone at some point. :wishluck:

Thank you very much! Not too many cheap options at this point, are there..... :eek:

Is there going to be an organized get together of any sort? I would love to meet everyone at some point. :wishluck:

Drinks on Thursday.

Drinks on Friday.

Drinks on Saturday.

Drinks on Sunday.

Probably Monday as well.

Drinks on Thursday.

Drinks on Friday.

Drinks on Saturday.

Drinks on Sunday.

Probably Monday as well.

On Saturday, usually dinner and plenty of drinking at the restaurant and bar in front of the Excel Centre.

The last Docklands Light Railways leaves Custom House (for ExCel) Station at 23:54 on Saturday.

If you turn up any day at a British convention it won't be hard to find someone willing to go out for a drink. Nothing to worry about there.