• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

London Super Comic Convention 14th & 15th March 2015

381 posts in this topic

Any recommendations on where to stay in London? Hotel, B&B, Vacation rental by owner? It will be my family of 4.

I will be staying at Aster House B&B by the South Kensington Underground Station, but it appears that they do not have a room that can accommodate four guests. I would try airbnb and rent an apartment with two bedrooms. I have used airbnb when attending New York Comicon and was able to stay longer in Manhattan for less money.

Plan ahead and purchase your Britrail passes in Canada before arriving. Spur of the moment Britrail tickets are expensive. Additionally, if you are planning to take the EuroStar to Paris, you can save plenty of money by purchasing your rail tickets early.

The London Super Comic Con takes place at the Excel Centre in East London, so if you stay in the center of London, it will be some time to get to the convention.

Thank you very much! Not too many cheap options at this point, are there..... :eek:

Still looking. Will probably book everything on Monday or Tuesday. (thumbs u

Is there going to be an organized get together of any sort? I would love to meet everyone at some point. :wishluck:

Drinks on Thursday.

Drinks on Friday.

Drinks on Saturday.

Drinks on Sunday.

Probably Monday as well.

So, is drinking a big part of the British culture?

The art giveaway of original art produced for the LSCC convention program has begun!

Art will be raffled off free each week to convention goers who book their tickets in advance. Last week was a gorgeous Scarlet Witch by Mark Brooks. This week is this Joker by Lee Bermejo.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1192721

Any recommendations on where to stay in London? Hotel, B&B, Vacation rental by owner? It will be my family of 4.

I will be staying at Aster House B&B by the South Kensington Underground Station, but it appears that they do not have a room that can accommodate four guests. I would try airbnb and rent an apartment with two bedrooms. I have used airbnb when attending New York Comicon and was able to stay longer in Manhattan for less money.

Plan ahead and purchase your Britrail passes in Canada before arriving. Spur of the moment Britrail tickets are expensive. Additionally, if you are planning to take the EuroStar to Paris, you can save plenty of money by purchasing your rail tickets early.

The London Super Comic Con takes place at the Excel Centre in East London, so if you stay in the center of London, it will be some time to get to the convention.

Thank you very much! Not too many cheap options at this point, are there..... :eek:

Is there going to be an organized get together of any sort? I would love to meet everyone at some point. :wishluck:

Drinks on Thursday.

Drinks on Friday.

Drinks on Saturday.

Drinks on Sunday.

Probably Monday as well.

Is the bear a Catholic?

The art giveaway of original art produced for the LSCC convention program has begun!

Art will be raffled off free each week to convention goers who book their tickets in advance. Last week was a gorgeous Scarlet Witch by Mark Brooks. This week is this Joker by Lee Bermejo.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1192721

:applause:

Drinks on Thursday.

Drinks on Friday.

Drinks on Saturday.

Drinks on Sunday.

Probably Monday as well.

Is the bear a Catholic?

I thought it was "Does the Pope siht in the woods?" :idea:

Full details to follow, but...

Saturday 14th March @ 7.30pm @ The Fox

...is confirmed. Once again, I've convinced them to give us sole use of the restaurant off the main bar but once again, we need a good turn-out (and plenty of cash spent at the bar) to justify them doing so.

Anybody reading this is invited, naturally.

...is confirmed. Once again, I've convinced them to give us sole use of the restaurant off the main bar but once again, we need a good turn-out (and plenty of cash spent at the bar) to justify them doing so.

Me + 1

That's of course if this is meant to be a list starting?

Me + 1

That's of course if this is meant to be a list starting?

Yeah, probably a good idea, Brian. (thumbs u

Soooo...

F_T + 2

Waylander + 1

F_T + 2

Waylander + 1

thirdgreenham + 3

F_T + 2

Waylander + 1

thirdgreenham + 3

Ken Aldred

Bane

Kenners + 1

djc81

BitterOldMan

gaz2810i +1