• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Abduction

61 posts in this topic

I was in charge of three teenage girls at SDCC, including my daughter and two friends so the thought of this scares the spoon out of me even though comic con is already behind us and the kids are back to their summer jobs and play rehearsals.

Prior to departure, I assured the nervous parents of one girl that Comic Con was one of the safest environments I had ever frequented. Year after year, I told them, I never heard of a single fight, or a serious assault or robbery. Can't say that any more.

..... I have three younger sisters that I watched go through their teen years. I would imagine this girl was in a squabble with her friends and made a very bad judgement call about a stranger. Most likely she left willingly. This certainly doesn't change anything. My sisters made some bad choices when they were teens ..... I almost went to prison over one of them. Such a horrible thing for this girl.... I hope she bounces back from it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yep and good luck trying to use logic on a teen-ager-they know everything

I really hope this didn't happen, and sadly (thankfully) I am thinking this is a hoax. There is no press release on the SD port police website

I thought hoax at first too. Still could be. But if so it is elaborate as hell. Years on FB for her, Dad and Mom. Lots of "friends" and years of normal, boring FB post.

My point is more that this press release only appears as having been reposted over and over again, no original PR. The sergeant is a real SD officer, but one that is easily findable with a simple google search. I want this to be a hoax though so maybe I am grasping at straws. I don't want to live in a world where something like this actually happened to someone. It's just too horrible. Though the fact that someone would hoax it is terrible too. Damnit I need more xanex and some sleep :( This is just awful.

We'll know it's a hoax if FB page says she went in KFC and they asked her to leave....

It won't get locked because

CGC is the greatest company and asset to the collector community on Earth!

It was the lead story on my wife's station tonight at 11. ( she didn't work today )

Seems shady to me a little. Mom says she was dressed as a female Rodger Rabbit. Wants anyone that saw her to come forward with what they know.

Police arrested that guy at the marriott but not confirming it is this case.

I'm wondering if she went back to this guys room to party and things got out of control. I'm not defending any actions here..

My wife forwarded me the emails between the reported and the station ..

Here's a little of what is known :

Just got to hotel where suspect was arrested. It’s the Marriot right next to the convention center. Man was booked on charges of sexual contact with a minor and contributing to the delinquency of minor.

Again, Harbor Police are not confirming or denying this involved a comicon cosplayer. All that info is coming from the girl’s family.

I also hav what the mother wrote,it has the daughters name and stuff. I'm not going to post that. I'm sure more info will come out in the next few days.

It did say whatever happened, happened between 8pm - 1 am ( Saturday night ). That's when the parents lost contact with their daughter.